• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

22 years leaving cert

P3HO

Old-Salt
Loftytoon

STOP HIJACKING THREADS!!! Get off your ass and find the most appopriate one for your question and put it there.

Oh, and welcome to Arrse :)

P3HO said:
Loftytoon

STOP HIJACKING THREADS!!! Get off your ass and find the most appopriate one for your question and put it there.

That's a nice welcome for somebody new to the site, welldone. :roll:

buryfc66 said:
P3HO said:
Loftytoon

That's a nice welcome for somebody new to the site, welldone. :roll:
Agree with you BURYFC a little bit over the top there P3HO to an old timer just joining, obviously you need to go on that diplomacy course :wink: .

As P3HO says though Lofty start a new thread mate and you might get some better response...welcome to the site anyway.

No surprises here!!

After 10 years service I wrote the entry for my red book (plt comd copied it verbatim!). As soon as you walk out of the camp gets for the last time you're forgotten, not part of their little game anymore!

I remember receiving a 'certificate' of sorts from my OC at 7 Armoured Wksp, which never made it home. I think getting as many slabs of beer as possible into my Audi was a much higher prority. As has been said, it's just a job. It's the same in civvy strasse, everyone is looking after number 1, get used to it.

Received my DEME(A) cert back now suitably corrected to read 'Artisan'. Also in the post was a cert from the MOD Secretary of Defence. Had all my history and courses annotated (correctly) on very nice paper. There was also a veterans' service badge to go with it. Very proud of the badge and the fact that someone had put a little thought into it. :D

How does the MOD know more about me than my own Corps?