22 year tom

Does anyone know if it is true that a 22 year tom will receive an RSM's pension, I've heard people say "I know someone who did it..." but this may or may not be true !!!

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

This is about the third attempt in about 2 weeks with the same question (although not maybe the same poster)

mm1306 said:
Does anyone know if it is true that a 22 year tom will receive an RSM's pension, I've heard people say "I know someone who did it..." but this may or may not be true !!!
Er, no. Nice idea, but a fantasy. Just as it was the last time someone asked.

Load of shite. Ask 'Rat Boy' ex 1 PARA - he didn't have enough money to afford a razor. Burners that Elvis would be proud of.

Yes it is very true. A bloke I drink with at the pub is one of these Toms that got out after 22 years. He is on a a full RSM pension. He also has photographs of Nessie, has flown in the Space Shuttle, taught Einstein all he knew, was the second guy on the balcony, and took the shot from the book depository.

Oh yeah. A more honest bloke you wont find anywhere else!

I'd Google the link to QR's for you but I'm far too lazy and a bit of a w@nker.

Someone hitting the 22 year point and wishing that he hadn't pished it all up against the wall?

Smacks of "oh fuck - wish I had some shekels for the future!"

Does anyone remember 'The Rat McLawrence"? 1 Para. I remember Col Kennett addressing the whole batt. saying he will always be welcome back in 1 Para after his million years service. This was a man with a full set of whiskers and beard so old sweat isn't the word!!!. Then a memo to guard-room......'Under no circumstances is PTE McLawrence to be allwowed access to Montgomery Lines.........

I loved the Army!

chinooksdad said:
Does anyone remember 'The Rat McLawrence"? 1 Para. I remember Col Kennett addressing the whole batt. saying he will always be welcome back in 1 Para after his million years service. This was a man with a full set of whiskers and beard so old sweat isn't the word!!!. Then a memo to guard-room......'Under no circumstances is PTE McLawrence to be allwowed access to Montgomery Lines.........

I loved the Army!
Load of shite. Ask 'Rat Boy' ex 1 PARA - he didn't have enough money to afford a razor. Burners that Elvis would be proud of.

Shit!!! 5 Alpha- posted before seeing your comment about ratboy. I can't really think there would be two of them so sorry for being a nobber!! I imagine you were in the same hall!!!

IM me 5 Alpha, I think we might know each other

mm1306 said:
You cannot serve 22 years as a tom. Does that answer your question?

Fallschirmjeager

Sorry mate, your talking out of your arse -refer to the above. 22 year toms are not unknown. The Rat from 1 Para was ledgendary, as was *** McDuffy of PRD..........Never allow ureself to be compromised was about all we ever got out of him and, with silver hair and a pipe, he wasn't your average tom.

5 Alpha,

I never, EVER cried when ******* a tom. But maybe you were very soft. Like Andrex

Fallschirmjager said:
mm1306 said:
Nowadays Falsch, but certainly before options for change they were loads in 5AB Bde. Career manning points and the 'brown letter' put paid to that.

chinooksdad said:
Fallschirmjeager

Sorry mate, your talking out of your arse -refer to the above. 22 year toms are not unknown. The Rat from 1 Para was ledgendary, as was *** McDuffy of PRD..........Never allow ureself to be compromised was about all we ever got out of him and, with silver hair and a pipe, he wasn't your average tom.
The rat got out years ago when we were in Aldershot. It is you who is talking out of your arse. And it wasn't McDuffy it was Ron Duffy who got out about 15 years ago or more. I know both of them. You NOW cannot serve 22 years as a tom. So no RSM pension.

Not that there ever was anyway.

Ure right Falsch, I stand corrected, was Duffy- I only ever met him a few times but rumour was that he used to spend his leaves laid up in an OP! Any truth in that one, I could well believe it. I heard a story about the Rat that when he was on some course in Cyprus or wherever, a couple of hats who were on it as well said, '...look, it's that ******* tramp from Aldershot!!'

FiveAlpha said:
Fallschirmjager said:
mm1306 said:
Nowadays Falsch, but certainly before options for change they were loads in 5AB Bde. Career manning points and the 'brown letter' put paid to that.
What is the longest you can stay in as a private now?

FiveAlpha said:

The Rat!! What a legend that bloke was! Always being sent to dry out and never made it past the George!