22 Year Pension

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ditdarditdarditdar, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I writing this with hope that someone may be able to help me out!

I have just completed twenty two years service and am trying to find out when I will receive my terminal grant as I was, initially informed by the RAOs that it is paid out within a couple of days.

I have arranged lots of work to be carried out on my property which is costing far more than I can afford and was relying upon this money to be in my bank account as good as, straight away.

If anyone can help me out here it would be much appreciated. The good old JPA clerks at Glasgow can't help at all.

Cheers in advance for the replies.
  2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Mine was there within a few days :numberone:
  3. Found mine sitting in my bank account 2 days after I handed my ID card in.
  4. Mine was there at the same date as my 40 birthday
  5. Not meaning to change the subject, but how is the new army pension (2005 ?), different to the 1975 pension?
  6. Not meaning to change the subject, but how is the new army pension (2005 ?), different to the 1975 pension?
  7. Mine was within two weeks, which was a relief, as I had done the same with property refurb.
  8. Ah. JPA have "problems" with this. It took me lots of phone calls, the intervention of a 2*, and the threat of a small claims court to get the terminal grant within a fortnight. Pension not a problem. P45 took a month or so, and the LSAP took two months to sort out because they took too much off me.

Get the RAO to keep on the phone to the JPAC.
  9. start a new thread then.
  10. We had a problem with someone recently who Glasgow had "not received" the paperwork for - 1809 & commutation form - speak to your FSA/RAOWO and get them to get on to Glasgow - the "help" desk can tell them exactly what stage your final payments are at - if needs be the "lost" paperwork can be faxed to them - they can still take action on discharge stuff even though the majority of the paqper system is awaiting JPA. Once we faxed the missing documents the soldier concerned had all his payments within 5 working days! If you are already discharged there is nothing to stop you speaking to them yourself - 0141 224 3600.
  11. As paywog explains, a few phone calls to Glasgow are worth the effort, I received my payment within 2 weeks of discharge and then 3-4 weeks later the comutation lump also went in.
  12. After I left at 12 years my RAO 'overlooked' some forms I had to fill in . I spent 3 weeks signing on the dole whilst I was frantically faxing Glasgow for the money. Surely the system can be made more foolproof (the fools being the RAO pay staff who seem to 'miss' important procedures on a more than regular basis.
  13. Many thanks for your replies and I hope JPA doesnt pose a problem to my terminal grant.

It was a great 22 years, but I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the next 22 with passion.
  14. Happy as Larry!

Just to let you know that my money went in this morning.

So anyone who is due out now please note that even with JPA in action my terminal payout took just four working days to reach my bank.

Time to go and spend it now.......should be fun.
  15. Under the JPA era, individuals will be responsible for inputing (onto JPA) their own final pay and pension payment electronic documentation (1809), although, im sure it will still be clerical staff chasing them up to do it.