22 Year Gratuity

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Commander_Vimes, Dec 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could somebody please clarify for me when I should be getting paid my gratuity. Is it on the day that my term leave starts or is it on the first day after the end of term leave :?:

Thanks in advance

2. Mine came through a my last day , that seems to be the norm went out almost immediately, wasted it on clearing my mortgage, wanted to spend it on drink and motorcycles.

3. The end of your terminal leave.

It doesn't last long so make the most of it while you can, it buys a lot of smarties.

4. Thanks for that.

Just have to keep the wife away from the bank account around about then :twisted:

5. Don't make any commitments relying on the date of payment! Cave Glasgow is involved and they have up to 30? days to effect payment.

6. No plans to make commitments solely on potential payment dates just gives me a framewok for getting things done. If they take longer than 30 days mind I might have to make a house call to persuade them to part with my cash

7. You would be wasting your breath AFPAA would just quote Performance indicators, Service Level Agreements and lots of statistics. Just bend over and take it like a man!

8. I bet they don't even give "reach rounds" either God damn :(

9. But they do always manage to F*&k you one way or another

10. But at least they can't make you pregnant

Sparky

11. Every Cloud has a silver lining

12. As long as Glasgow have all your paperwork - 1809, etc. there "shouldn't" be a problem. My commutation arrived 5 days after discharge date, gratuity day after that. 1st instalment of pension day after - they can get it right. Might be worth checking all is sorted before you go on term leave, if not too late. - you will definatley not get anything other than your final pay prior to dischare date..

13. Don't forget to MAKE SURE you have your Final Medical done. Without that, you won't get a penny.

14. 1809 was signed October sometime so might pop into the Admin Office this week to confirm Glasgow have got it.

I know Glasgow can get it right, it just never seems to happen to me :lol: Thankfully I don't go on term leave until mid March so Jan looks like being a busy admin period. :roll: