22 Year Dinner Speech Tips Wanted

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by methilman, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have a few 22 year dinners coming up and I would like to "spruce" my speech technique up a wee bit, I am looking for that something different ouwith the norm, something that can add to the humour and/or significance of the evening.

I am not after having the audience roar with laughter, Peter Kay I am not!, I would just like people to enjoy it, any helpful useful hints or tips/stitch ups....etc will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  2. I'm afraid to say mine was a load of drunken drivel

:oops: :oops:

so no help there then
  3. make a film,use photos etc about 2-3 mins is good. powerpoint is being used more and more and is set up during comfort break.

dont get too drunk beforehand though, i did a speech and it was remembered for my getting drunk...not the lads dine out!!
  4. Cheers frog, most of mine have been, hence the post!!!
  5. Good stuff here, make sure you don't bang on for ages and if your doing stuff with photos, try and get one of when he/she first joined up. A picture of the young innocent always gets a laugh.
  6. There is enough "death by powerpoint" at work without bringing it into the mess. Top tip is be either funny or if you can't manage that be brief. Brief and funny is even better!
  7. Keep it short, very short, and say what you like-everyone will be too pizzed to either care or notice and they will all want a slash so will want you to get on with it
  8. God yes, at a farewell dinner

The mind boggles.

Good tip about staying sober though

wish I'd thought of that