.22 tracer

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by happybonzo, Feb 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There was a certain amount of debate as to legality on civilian ownership, up until about ten years ago I hadnt seen any in that cal outside of Lydd and the sanger shoot!
    I do recall plod in west mids getting righteous over some held by a shooter who then wanted to use it in the Bangor Tunnel ranges, I cant remember what came of it but the plod Bucknall was a leatherman!
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

A guy at my German shooting club gave me a bag full of 7.62 nato tracer a few months back (pics in the forum somewhere).
    No problem to blatt it out of my L1A1, but the only range I can shoot on at night is 100mtrs....(and then would need to turn the lights off!)

.22lr would be a bit gay though unless there was a full auto option.....
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You can bring it to my wood and shoot it there although you cant bring your L1A1 bugger!
  4. You mean like this?

not really any practical application for it that I can see, other than transfering money from your pocket into Winchester-Western or whomever's.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Is there any other reason needed for a range day?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That is true of course, and .22 doesn't hit the pocketbook anywhere near as hard as centrefire does. Unfortunately here in the Fatherland, I'm only allowed a .177 airgun to punch holes in paper with, or put the fear of god into the bloody sparrow that think the garden is their own personal salad buffet.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

When I was in the vaterland you could buy a 98K from a dustbin in the sporting section of Ratio Markt for about 100DM. Getting it into the camp was a different matter!

8. Same thing in centre fire?
    (With HMG paying)
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I remember firing of 2400 rounds of link through a GPMG in one night at Sennelager, I certainly havent been able to fund that sort of range day for a long time, thats the one thing I miss!
  10. out of interest, where in the world do you live?
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oh it seems my location isnt below my Avatar any more. East Sussex, gods waiting room!
  12. shame, was looking for a bit of woodland in the east midlands (gods toilet)
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There is always plenty to buy or rent!

14. For taking care of radical rabbits?

I like this .22 MG -