22 Sig Regt - All in here please

#1
Hi, my Dad was in 22 sigs when they disbanded. He was talking to an old friend of his recently and has heard that they might be reforming, does anyone know if they are? If they are reforming does anyone know how my Dad would be able to attend the ceremony?

Cheers, acp
 
#2
Yes, based at RAF Stafford, reforming sometime this year. Not sure about a parade though
 
#3
Thanks Zorro.

That response was a bit quick, they not keeping you busy today? :D
 
#4
Not really mate! :)
 
#7
QG Signals Sqn will 248, currently part of 21 Sig Regt.
 
#8
Stafford sounds like a great posting. Just off the M6, just North of the toll road. And most importantly, they'll get FALCON, the biggest and best thing about NEC and a godsend for good CIS tradesmen and women. I have seen particularly geeky IS-types getting rather excited when I mention stuff like Cisco routers and Voice Over IP.
 
#9
CardinalSin said:
And most importantly, they'll get FALCON, the biggest and best thing about NEC and a godsend for good CIS tradesmen and women. I have seen particularly geeky IS-types getting rather excited when I mention stuff like Cisco routers and Voice Over IP.
And the TA realising whats going on, are departing for pastures new 8O
 
#10
CardinalSin said:
Stafford sounds like a great posting. Just off the M6, just North of the toll road. And most importantly, they'll get FALCON, the biggest and best thing about NEC and a godsend for good CIS tradesmen and women. I have seen particularly geeky IS-types getting rather excited when I mention stuff like Cisco routers and Voice Over IP.
CS, stop it, you will make me want to apply for continuance and a posting!

Any idea which of the brethren will be taking up the Regt Supvr IS post?
 
#11
darth_fokker said:
CardinalSin said:
Stafford sounds like a great posting. Just off the M6, just North of the toll road. And most importantly, they'll get FALCON, the biggest and best thing about NEC and a godsend for good CIS tradesmen and women. I have seen particularly geeky IS-types getting rather excited when I mention stuff like Cisco routers and Voice Over IP.
CS, stop it, you will make me want to apply for continuance and a posting!

Any idea which of the brethren will be taking up the Regt Supvr IS post?
LOL. No idea.
 
#12
I'm in 222 sig sqn. The sqn that supposed to be forming 22 regiment. And yes, i think it is happening start of next year. Although we hav'nt really been told for sure.
 
#14
As a loving and loyal member of 248 GSS I am faced with the prospect of moving to Stafford next spring to be part of the new formation of 22 Sigs. Now even though we have been briefed up by our senoirs and officers (of course we have) does anybody have anything to say on the subject, i believe the other 2 sqns are coming from bulford and 2/30 sigs. does anybody know the area as it could be helpfull to know what we are letting ourselves in for, is it going to be another Colerne or could it possibly be even worse, doubtfull
Living the dream people, living the dream
 
#17
Having lived around the area some time ago, it is not too bad.

Good towns near by for some night action, and if you are in to it, lots of area close by to walk, camp and generally enjoy.

Alton Towers not too far away either.

Good motorway/rail connections too.

Don't know much about the camp though.

If you think you are going to go, might be advisable to have a look around. Not too far up the road, and Hanley is a good night on the lash.
 
#18
I have heard that the camp is appx 1 mile away from the town, close to J14 on the M6 and has a railway station - so good location. Also Pretty well located close to Birmingham (29 Miles to B airport). The crabs have left the place in pretty good nick and the accommodation although not selubrious isn't too bad. Prob better than Bulford and Colerne but equal - ish to York.

If you ask me sounds good to go.
 
#19
Im from stoke which is a good night out its full of thick slappers so even the lineys out there should pull. stafford is alright aswell from what i can remember and your really not far from the jct 14 of the m6 if you want to escape. If your into outdoor life the peak district is about an hour away and you can always go and watch the mighty stoke city you jammy git. i am trying to talk the wife into letting me put in for there but its the old i dont want to be near the outlaws argument. oh and you can get top quality bacon cheese and mushroom oatcakes!! a must for all greasy food lovers out there.

Also from what i can remember of the camp from my old stab days its not to bad. granted i did'nt see all of it but what i did see was ok. hope this info sways it for you...
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steven Royal Signals 38
whitenoise Royal Signals 7
L Royal Signals 6

Similar threads


Top