22 May Terrorist incident at Manchester Arena

Oh, the Tossed Salad man? I am familiar with him thanks to Chris Rock.

How did you end up with Chris Rock's tossed salad?

TamH70

MIA
How did you end up with Chris Rock's tossed salad?

It's one of his more famous dits in his live albums:

from Roll With The New.

Should be required listening at and in skools everywhere in the UK.

It's one of his more famous dits in his live albums:

from Roll With The New.

Should be required listening at and in skools everywhere in the UK.

I wasn't aware of that, used to listen to Bill Hicks more back then

Presumably his not guilty plea and his claim of the judge that you'll be destined for hellfire unless you repent and submit yourself to the law of Allah has nothing to do with Islam, and he only called a prison officer a filthy pig because of mental health issues

Not really, rather classically within the Single Islamist Narrative which has been instructed for years to police/HMG (if they wanted to listen).

The belief is that Allah is supreme and one (otherwise known as Tawheed), and that any ascribing partners to him or that anyone else has the right to rule (ie, democracy) or judge believers is "shirk"(or polythiesm).

Wouldn't be the first time that the courts have had to deal with this and put up with this sort of behaviour. And given he knows that he's not going the way of the man who helped inspire a lot of this belief, he's not really bothered.

Sayyid_Qutb.jpg

Sayyid Qutb, his book "Milestones" is quiet and incredibly influential.

Probbaly why Nasser had him executed in 1966.

TamH70

MIA
Not really, rather classically within the Single Islamist Narrative which has been instructed for years to police/HMG (if they wanted to listen).

The belief is that Allah is supreme and one (otherwise known as Tawheed), and that any ascribing partners to him or that anyone else has the right to rule (ie, democracy) or judge believers is "shirk"(or polythiesm).

Wouldn't be the first time that the courts have had to deal with this and put up with this sort of behaviour. And given he knows that he's not going the way of the man who helped inspire a lot of this belief, he's not really bothered.

Sayyid_Qutb.jpg

Sayyid Qutb, his book "Milestones" is quiet and incredibly influential.

Probbaly why Nasser had him executed in 1966.

Sounds like a very nice bloke, what with the unacknowledged Communism, the racism, the anti-Semitism, and so on. I'm a bit surprised that Nasser offed him, to be honest. What's a simple assassination plot among friends, after all?

Sounds like a very nice bloke, what with the unacknowledged Communism, the racism, the anti-Semitism, and so on. I'm a bit surprised that Nasser offed him, to be honest. What's a simple assassination plot among friends, after all?
Nasser actually was desperately trying to find a way to not execute him.

But Qutb was a true believer and left Nasser no way to climb down; so Nasser had to carry out his threat, and made a martyr of him. In prison Qutb coducted himself as the examplar of his beliefs, and contrasted himself with The New Pharoah and his Jahiliyah (pre-Muslim age of ignorance). The contrast of faith and corruption was deliberate, and evocative.

Qutb arguably became the example to a generation, including a certain Ayman Al-Zawahiri (current Emir of Al Qaeda). Here he is in another mass round-up of Egyptian Islamists
zawahiri_wide-c3ac17f4dd48a133b3769f1b8fa4c4e0874f8b24.jpg

Qutb's book has never been out of print since. Even those who haven't read it, have been instructed by those influenced by it. It's actually not a bad read, Qutb was a teacher by profession and could clearly write well.

We could learn a lesson from Nasser's mishandling of the issue there.

What lesson would that be ?
Dead or alive, their writings will inspire. You create a living "martyr " or a dead one.

Dead or alive, their writings will inspire. You create a living "martyr " or a dead one.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes, in this world or the next

Well, I tended to agree with PM Thatcher on this point.

Crime is crime is crime.

They can sit in their little box, and let us see how long this "I will make remembrance of Allah" lasts.

Or we can continue to play on their ground and continue to feed the Cult of Martyrdom, and the grievance narrative. Hasn't worked thus far has it?

Well, I tended to agree with PM Thatcher on this point.

Crime is crime is crime.

They can sit in their little box, and let us see how long this "I will make remembrance of Allah" lasts.

Or we can continue to play on their ground and continue to feed the Cult of Martyrdom, and the grievance narrative. Hasn't worked thus far has it?

Not sure if creating centres of radicalisation in our understaffed prisons is the way forward. Then there's the issue of how certain political elements court these nutters and seek to ensure they get let out. Or worse still they become a bargaining chip for hostages.
If you really want the problem gone, feeding and watering it doesn't strike me as a way out.

Not sure if creating centres of radicalisation in our understaffed prisons is the way forward. Then there's the issue of how certain political elements court these nutters and seek to ensure they get let out. Or worse still they become a bargaining chip for hostages.
If you really want the problem gone, feeding and watering it doesn't strike me as a way out.

Organisations like "Cage" running from the UK doesn't help either

There's a huge issue in the management of these offenders by HM Prison Service.

They used to do some excellent work, and the published stuff on radicalisation I used to read put out by them was very good indeed.

There's a huge issue in the management of these offenders by HM Prison Service.

They used to do some excellent work, and the published stuff on radicalisation I used to read put out by them was very good indeed.

Can you share publicly what's changed and why ?

Can you share publicly what's changed and why ?

Genuinely don't know.

And frankly, never worked in a HMP and never want to. Thankless and dangerous task.

Only if it has a pig farm so he can assist in the mucking out.
Or they could eat him well except the teeth
No virgins then

Latest Threads