22 (Gibraltar 1779-83) Battery, 32 Regiment Royal Artillery

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by buttonsin3s, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wasn't sure where to post this, mods, feel free to move if needed.

To mark the end of their latest six-month deployment to Afghanistan, soldiers from 22 (Gibraltar 1779-83) Battery, 32 Regiment Royal Artillery will march through Esher at 10.30am on Friday, 19 February.

The march will start at Esher Police station, continue down Esher High Street and end at Sandown Park.

The Battery wil...l be accompanied by The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery and the Royal Artillery Band. They will march along the High Street where the salute will be taken by the Master Gunner St James’s Park, General Sir Timothy Granville-Chapman GBE KCB, accompanied by the Mayor of Elmbridge, Councillor James Vickers, the Lord Lieutenant of Surrey Mrs Sarah Goad JP and civil dignitaries.

22 Battery Royal Artillery, a vital element of 19 Light Brigade, returned home in November after an intense tour. They were involved in a number of key operations including Operation PANTHER'S CLAW, which saw one of the most heavily populated areas in Helmand cleared of Taliban influence. The result was that the area was brought back under government control, allowing reconstruction and development to begin.
  2. Many thanks. I shall be there - 'tag' and all.
  3. Here is just fine buttons . Please keep us updated if any change due to weather etc? It's a very good route and all downhill :)
  4. I'll be there too.
  5. We were lucky enough in Esher to have another parade yesterday.

For anyone who might be interested I have posted a few pictures on my blog.

I hope this is not breaking forum rules but doubtless someone will put me straight.