.22 Flubert

#1
Has anyone used this rimfire round?- .22 Flubert? It looks shorter than .22 short and seems to be for pest control in a confined space
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#2
happybonzo said:
Has anyone used this rimfire round?- .22 Flubert? It looks shorter than .22 short and seems to be for pest control in a confined space
Flobert.
Yes, used to kill large spiders etc in confined spaces :wink: .
 
#3
Alsacien said:
happybonzo said:
Has anyone used this rimfire round?- .22 Flubert? It looks shorter than .22 short and seems to be for pest control in a confined space
Flobert.
Yes, used to kill large spiders etc in confined spaces :wink: .
so not good enough for a charging vole then :D
 
#4
Usually defined in metric: 6mm Flobert, also available in 9mm, both contain no powder using the primer as the sole propellant. The guns can be smoothbore or rifled. The cartridges exist in round ball, pointed slug, and shot (9mm, rare). More used for a post-dinner shoot with the gents in the parlour or garden with brandy and cigars than for effective pest control.
 
#5
A quick Google turns up this data - at 40J and 265m/s (at 5m - no velocity given for 50m). Much gentler than regular .22LR offering >150J and >300m/s.

Maybe suitable for use in a "garden gun" if you have very small garden and slow-moving wee beasties who'll let you have a couple of shots to allow for drop and windage...
 
#8
theinventor said:
A quick Google turns up this data - at 40J and 265m/s (at 5m - no velocity given for 50m). Much gentler than regular .22LR offering >150J and >300m/s.

Maybe suitable for use in a "garden gun" if you have very small garden and slow-moving wee beasties who'll let you have a couple of shots to allow for drop and windage...
of course there is no velocity given for 50 m -- it's not accurate enough to shoot over a chronograph that far!

Best used by ladies in the parlour while the gentlemen are enjoying a post-prandial brandy and cigar.
 
#9
It's a good close-range round, and of use shooting snared foxes. Although I'm allergic to shooting any .22 into the air, in Europe people use it against tree'd young crows etc.

Good fun round, but you will almost certainly have to single load.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
If you've ever seen a fisherman tranquilising fish by stroking them, before tw@tting them over the head for the dinner table, then you've got a good idea of what the 'Flobert' round actually does.

Even the name 'Flobert' is designed tzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 

Latest Threads