Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by DOG_LALS, Mar 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought i'd make a thread to see peoples opinion of such a "fine" unit :twisted: :twisted:
  2. Why?

& beware, I know the RSM (hello Sir) is an avid reader of this site.
  3. As a fine manager of men, I'm sure he is eagerly awaiting the response. An informal attitude survey like this will no doubt provide him with useful coal face opinions on many aspects of unit life, which may then be translated into pro-active, forward thinking managerial initiatives for the good and benefit of the unit.
  4. You bull-shiiting bugger :roll:

22 has seen a vast improvement in morale etc and as one of the 3 Field Hospitals, is now no longer regarded as one of the worst Field Hospitals
  5. and he should keep an eye on Gado, she is trouble!! :wink:
  6. Here's a radical thought --- let's have a thread extolling the virtues of AMS units (they all have some) rather than ladling out (in some cases deeply unconstructive) criticism. Or has everyone fallen victim to the 'glass half empty' syndrome prevalent amongst our NHS colleagues? Having run the pretty much the full gamut of the AMS (less jumping out of perfectly serviceable aeroplanes -- thanks but not really my bag!) over the past 16 or so years I can't think of anywhere that didn't have its good points -- often the people rather than the process, but then it's the people who make the whole darn thing work. And I'm a congenital pessimist.
  7. Now where is the fun in all that :roll:
  8. I'd agrre with that as a current serving member. 8O
  9. 22 (2 as it was) fd hosp used to be the dumping ground for failed techies and waste of space CMTs, a far cry from the unit that is today (even with Gado in it)
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Dui-Lai, may not have been posted to one, but has certainly been attched to them all I'd wager!
  12. Many years ago (OK, in the late '80s) I was posted to 22 Fd Hosp as a sprog clerk. It was bl00dy awful back then. The accommodation was all in the old isolation wards and hadn't (it seemed) been decorated/upgraded since it had been an isolation hospital (or is that an AMS myth?), and the walkways - often you had to duck the falling bits of wood and asbestos from the ceiling!

The small cadre of permanent staff were composed of wasters, alcoholics, nutters and general bad lads and admin nightmares. It did seem like a 'punishment' posting. The Chief Clerk was a man-eating 2 faced witch with a cackle to match, the Adjt was a sour Ex-Cavalry officer who was recovering from throat cancer, and the RSM - well, I liked his brand of discipline (You go in front of the CO, or you take a punch off me - your choice!)

Anyhow, I'm sure it's all better now!(?)
  13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh yes, it was the RAMC penal unit, post MCTC. But then it took only 2nd place to 6 Field Force Fd Amb in respect to the 'bad boys' of the Corps pre 1982. Mons was THE dumping ground! Thats why I went there! :lol:
  14. well I enjoyed it ............... Most of it!

Some outstanding people, with outstanding wortk ethics, both CMT, HCA and other trades working together to get the job done - private upwards were brilliant!!

Although, it did at time seem to be a training ground for some really dodgy officers!
  15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You couldn't beat the prowler guard checking out the old mortuary at 0200hrs! Usually contained a QA with her draws down!

Apparantly the last leper to die in the UK died in Thornhill Bks, before Was Me's time though.