22-250 @ 4000+ fps!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by flutedbarrel, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys I have been loading my Styer SSG 22-250 with 40gr Nosler Ballistic tips, have worked the load up to 39.5gr of Varget. Crono'd the bullet yesterday, it was averaging 4150 fps (75fps spread over the three groups of three rounds fired).

3/4" - 1/2" groups @ 100yds 8)

I can not wait to test this load out on Foxy Loxy this weekend, It hits like a stream train :D
  2. I think I've just cum.
  3. It would br interesting to see a wound silhouette of a round traveling that fast,
  4. Are you volunteering? I'm not! :D

Was the SSG made in 22-250 or is it re-barrelled?
  5. I have no idea what you're talking about but I want one...It sounds way too cool!
  6. Clucking bell, that's going to sting a bit!!! Bye Foxy....
  7. He's talking about Mach 3.7 which ain't hanging about!
  8. Body armour would,nt be much use
  9. Bought as 22-250, at these velocities though I think I may be requireing a new barrel in the not too distant future.
  10. Styer at the back Remy 700 at the front!

I know... the window needs cleaning and the table needs revarnishing....

11. The problem at velocities like this is that everything happens on the surface...

Not a problem for Mr F... and of course you get no ricochets, however I would be wary of launching something like this at anything coming at me with teeth/horns/AK47/RPG that needs some penetration to get to the vital spot...
  12. Luckily I don't have anything that carries AK, RPG or has horns listed on my ticket for the 250 :D . If I did I would sack the 250 and go for 22-243 Middlestead or 7mm STW 8)
  13. ... Just checking :wink:
  14. Can borrow one of them?

15. i'm quite supprised at the tight groups your getting with the 40gners, i'v got a rem 788 22/250 and it wont group at all with anything less than a 52gn hpbt, (and it constantly gets 1/2 moa 10 shot groups )
    i know a few other 22/250 shooters who cant get the 40 / 45 gns projies to group as well.

point two, and just what is it with you feckin speed freaks?? so what your getting 4000fps? all your really doing is getting the maximum short barrel life.
    met a bloke the other month with the same attitude, 40gn projie max load, and 3 inch groups at best, 'but when i hit a fox it explodes mate!!!'......... ffs.