22:00 Polls close. 22:01 Resumption of Hostilities

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is going to be fun.

Ian Dale has it that a conversation roughly along these lines did indeed take place between Broon & John Reid yesterday:

Brown: “Will you be my Home Secretary?”
    Reid: “No”
    Brown: “You have to support me.”
    Reid: “No, I don't. I have to support my country and my party, and that means you have to stand down.”

The Broon camp has it they mostly talked about football! :lol:

Also noises that:

after 22:00 another cabinet minister will put the knife in

Broon may yet bottle out (yet again) and keep Alistair Darling at the Treasury and bump Ed Balls into the Home Office, pretending that was the grand game plan all along.

Blame the lousy election results entirely on the general (as opposed to specific) disgust of voters with politicians, economic woes that were nothing to do with him at all (honest) and a "non representative" vote because of a low turnout.

Ahh, you really could not make it up.

http://iaindale.blogspot.com/

2. I like the idea of Gordon being in that "EOD place" - where all you can hear is ticking and strange noises around you, and where your actions are going to leave you walking away, or in the case of Gordon Brown, just waiting for the inevitable explosion.

3. Iain Dale is also saying that a Cabinet Minister will break ranks at 2201.
    Might just pour a glass of white wine and get settled in for the self- destruction of Labour, New Labour and everything Broon doesn't stand for.

Where is Ashie when you need him?

Looks like old side burns has just resigned-happy days, potential leader my ARRSE.

4. Works and Pensions gimp jumped at 21:56

5. His Blackberry has told him to report back to the bunker with tins of petrol..

6. Ashie has been away all week signing postal votes and posting them:)

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'The Work and Pensions Secretary’s sensational decision, given to the Prime Minister shortly before polling ended in the European and local elections, left an already damaged Mr Brown in grave peril. He told Mr Brown to stand aside and give Labour a “fighting chance of winning”. '

blimey.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6434068.ece

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ashie's signed out the mess Webley.
    Oh dear... :p

9. Hope someone told him which is the dangerous end of the webley, remember Ashie dont know about guns on account of his lack of being a serviceman.

Wouldnt want any collateral damage.

10. Does that mean he wont be coming back? Aaaww