• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

21st party soldier was killed for gold chain

Another example of a totally pointless death, and this time death of a hero.

A young soldier who had fought in Iraq and Kosovo was murdered within hours of returning home to celebrate his 21st birthday, a court was told yesterday.

Pte Narel Sharpe was shot because he fought back while being mugged for a gold chain he was wearing round his neck, it was alleged.

He had only just returned to Smethwick, West Mids, and was due to attend a joint party for his 21st and his mother's 40th birthdays.

Anthony Barker, prosecuting, said Pte Sharpe was based in Germany and, on Sept 4, 2004, was driving home in his silver Peugeot 206.

He was almost home when he decided to stop off at the West Cross shopping precinct at about 4.30am to make some telephone calls.

Mr Barker said that as he left the telephone box he was approached by his alleged killer, Levi Walker.

A witness in a house nearby saw a man wearing a white hooded top bending over a body, take something from round the neck and put it in his pocket.

Mr Barker said: "His great misfortune was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was killed because he was wearing a gold chain round his neck and probably because he fought back and so he was shot, his chain was removed and he was left for dead."
Telegraph

Er no, not shared by all. If he is evil, we are more evil....... and more likly to be quoted outside ARRSE as a bunch of raving, homicidal psychopaths. Bad enough that we already have politicians calling us psychologically flawed without us providing ammunition to justify it.

The offender is no doubt on drugs, from a deprived area and a broken home. Good lawyer and he will get off with manslaughter, good behaivour out in 6.

And they say theres no justice!

You have a lovely respectable gentleman who fights for queen and country , Then you have this thug who does this to him

This is what makes me cry

I hope if they find this thug guilty they lock him up and throw away the key

R.I.P Narel Sharpe
To rob a dead or dying person is sick in the extreme. The tragedy is that this gentleman bravely fought for what was rightfully his after surviving two dangerous deployments with the army. The murderous coward who carried out this attack is nothing more than the lowest form of scum and deserves to be treat as such.

I'm just sat here wondering when the usually vocal individuals are going to get involved in this thread , or say something meaningful.

I can't imagine why they've been so quiet up until now , after all , it is a British soldier robbed and murdered in the street.

B

Biscuits_AB

pentwyn said:
You have a lovely respectable gentleman who fights for queen and country , Then you have this thug who does this to him

This is what makes me cry

I hope if they find this thug guilty they lock him up and throw away the key

Yeah, hangin's too good for the likes of him. It's a good kick in the arrse he needs.

PartTimePongo said:
I'm just sat here wondering when the usually vocal individuals are going to get involved in this thread , or say something meaningful.

I can't imagine why they've been so quiet up until now , after all , it is a British soldier robbed and murdered in the street.
Waiting until you log off? :D Or, and I hope this isn't the case, we've had so much to take in these last few weeks with the new level of depravity that society has reached that we're desensitised to the absolute horror of this act..... :(

Beebs

Killed for a gold chain. "A bit of bling" Thats the way it goes in todays Britain. I hope the tw@t who committed this dies cold and alone in a cellar full of dogsh!t.

That Cnut should be hung alongside the rest of the "Happy Slap" gits as a warning to the current and coming generation that some things just arent cricket!!!

blessed baby cakes said:
I hope the charge is murder, he had a gun, good enough display of intent... You don't carry a fire arm intending not to use it.

Beebs
Hopefully this will be the one time we don't need to prove intent Beebs. If the person committing the act did not care whether his actions would result in death or not. I hope they restore some faith in our legal system and have this one for murder.

Definately won't help his case that it was a soldier who had fought for queen and country. People like this don't deserve human rights, bring back the death penalty.

Would probably go down well if a lot of soldiers turned up for the hearing in uniform, see the judge give him a light sentence then. Don't think his chav family will be making throat slitting gestures to the family either sh*tbags.

I find people like this replusive, would be worth me going to join the CPS just to make sure scum like this get charged with the right offence.

I f there was any justice in this once proud country Levi would swing by his neck and his family would be thrown out on to the streets,there to die like there scum son,But some limp wristed judge will slap his wrist and pass a longer sentence to a bank robber.Queen and country are dirty words now to most people who haven't sworn the oath!!

PartTimePongo said:

Maybe because these 'vocal individuals' you mention are doing an Ian Blair and not realising that this soldier was a young black man PTP. Not that it makes any difference; he was still a young brave man, pride of his family (he was apparently on the way home from tour to see his mum), proud to serve his country, who has his life cruelly cut short in one of the most ironic settings.

There's also a 16 yr old on trial in relation to the murder for charges relating to attempting to get rid of the gold chain that Walker alledgedly stole. What a poor unfortunate waste of these three lives involved despite hoping that the perpetrator be hung by his gentials.

Latest Threads