212 sig sqn

Having actually served with the Sqn (and 211! YES i was in the RA at the time) a few years ago i would probably say; Aye! they are! :D

212! still the premiere sqn in herford as the others cant drink... or fight. some good lads in 211 and 201 but are let down by the majority of knobheads that seem to populate their masses. alot has changed recently with half the sqn still on tour and an influx of freddos from the factory but still a good bunch of lads!

212 boys we are here.... woah woah! sing along you all know the words!

ARMOUR!

easy

Line Troop at 4 Div, now there WERE a proper bunch of pisss heeds! :D Toptastic posting! How we ever made it out into the field on ex was amazing..... the amount of Panzer 'carcasses' lining the road to the autobahn (if not to the gate!) was a piss take! :lol: ...... Happy Days! The old 211 was a top Sqn, 212 .......... weeeel they were ok..... :wink:

Well what can I say? 4 Div, amazing, I had the good fortune to serve in the Rebro troop and the misfortune to do a few exercises on "Armour". All an experience. Best unit in the 1st BR Corps for those of us old enough to remember, and what a f8**in good time on exercise, which was most of the time considering Red Ivan was still sitting in the East.

I would not swap it for a $1000000, ask anyone who experienced the unit at that time. Work hard and play hard, not like the pussy's who are whinging on other threads at the moment. If it was appropriate to name names and charectars on this site I would. If you were one of the few in a real unit (including our glorious cravatted brigades shout out here. Like me youve probably had enough of the P****s at the centre of whinging. Get a life geeks and start earning your oxygen.

onthebusoffthebus

What an amazing coincidence. I too was in A3 Tp, 2 Sqn, 4 Div and also spent some time on the armour. :p PM me - we may know each other.

Yes, Line Tp were a bunch of pi$$ heads.

Yep we probably use the same armour, except it gets re fitted every decade or so. however we kind of work and play too hard sometimes however its mint

J.Oneill

Ah onthebusoffthebus,

So now you admit that we are the 53rd state of the big ole USA !!!

I would not swap it for a $1000000
As for armour I had the pleasure of 3 Div at Kobecke fm 88-91 and I too had a brilliant time even though I got bust !!!!!! Good times and good laughs :)

G3Ops said:
Anyone serve in 212 BEFORE it move down to Herford? when it was in 'traz?
212 Sqn didn't 'MOVE' anywhere. The 12 Bde Signal Sqn was disbanded and 2 Sqn 4 ADSR was allocated the title, just at the same time as 4 ADSR took over the title of 1 ADSR. The same happened with all regimental Sqns in an attempt to lose as few independent Sqn numbers as possible.

There was no movement of vehicles or men, just a new sign outside the Sqn office.

If you want to know what the old 2 Sqn was like? A better bunch of men you'll never wish to serve with. Constantly out on exercise or on the piss (often both). We probably did more 'track milage' in one exercise than they'll get in a year.

The current 212 is just a shadow of the old 2 Sqn. They think that 5 days on a square in Sennelager is an exercise and a night in Nossies and Georges is a night out. They can argue all they want, but anyone from the old school knows the truth.

The current 212 is just a shadow of the old 2 Sqn. They think that 5 days on a square in Sennelager is an exercise and a night in Nossies and Georges is a night out. They can argue all they want, but anyone from the old school knows the truth.

.... we dont think that it is an exercise... its all we bloody get.

.... true a night out in georges and nossies is the usual but where else is there to go. couple of weeks ago we all went to eindhoven before that dortmund before that hannover, arnheim, bielefeld etc etc and lets not forget a select few who got so bored we had to go to portugal for the weekend to cure it.

i think you have misjudged. im sure it was great back then, im having a great time now and summer is gonna be off the hook, and im chopsing off about it too, because im proud of it.

easy

every squaddie town has got a favourite bar and a favourite nightclub/dive. there is other places fair enough. but lets face it they are all sh|t arent they! :D :D :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
monkeyfcuk Royal Signals 6
scaleybint REME 0
easy-wan-kenobi Royal Signals 13