21 US KIA in 48 Hours in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by jumpinjarhead, Aug 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it is RAMADAN, the Muslims all over are inclined to get very ratty after no food or fluid all day in the hottest time of the year!
    Seriously though, this is a very real problem, the Taliban having been bested in most of their normal attacks on the allied forces are turning more & more to this insidious form of attrition which is safer for them and more difficult to counter!
  2. As did PIRA in the latter part of their campaign. They were, however, more closely observed, and deeply penetrated than the Taliban seem to be. Nor did they have the same ready access to bomb-making materials.

This kind of looks set to go on as the template for news from AFG, much as it galls me to say it: I remain unconvinced that the increase in Western troops is sufficient to close down this kind of threat, nor that the ANA are moving rapidly into any kind of shape to do so.
  3. RIP lads and lasses
  4. Why isnt this in the news here? I read today about some guy killing his family in some shit hole country but if it wasnt for JJH i wouldnt of read of this =/
  5. RIP. Condolances to family and friends.

A very bad week, even by Afghanistan's standards.
  6. To many far to many my thoughts are with all the families