21 SAS Uniforms

Does anyone have any information on the uniforms/badges worn by 21 SAS.

I'm led to believe that it differs from 22 due their Artists Rifles History, possibly green chevrons??

I'm particulary interested in any info or even pics of No1 and No2 dress.

I don't want anything that identifies anyone, or contavenes OpSec - just interested in their history and traditions.

No this is not a wah, I'm not a walt - I'm just interested!

21's working dress:

ManOWar series Osprey and other publishers have excellent colour plates books!!!

This is typically worn when working undercover(s)

The colour may vary dependent on the theatre of ops...:

And not forgetting the black maskers and strangely pixelated face

Thanks for all the constructive info guys - exactly what I expected

Its a shame one can't take an interest in our Army's history and traditions without the smart-arrse comments

No wonder the govenment is trying to get rid of our Regiments if their uniqueness is something to be sneered at.

Don't worry, we'll soon be like the yanks with no idea of our own history - we'll have to steal other peoples to put in films!

Quite right Pike....

What more could you need for a little weekend photography..

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Squiggles said:

Its a shame one can't take an interest in our Army's history and traditions without the smart-arrse comments

No wonder the govenment is trying to get rid of our Regiments if their uniqueness is something to be sneered at.

Don't worry, we'll soon be like the yanks with no idea of our own history - we'll have to steal other peoples to put in films!
Grow up you poof, if you expected these comments why did you post the question ?

Try this forum if you want gen on Military History & Militaria.
But as you chomp after less than hour you might get a similar reception.

Squiggles said:

Squiggles...

As should be more than apparent by now... the reason that entire battalions are coming off the OrBat... is that the country can't afford it. That and many other things. Which would be fine if we weren't so busy.

Fortunately I've got in on good authority that "we're stretched...but not overstretched...and we're just coping" :)

Squiggles said:

If its any consolation several...ie 3 "members" of 21 (The Chelsea Chippendale's) whilst conducting para synthetic training circa 92 stripped off there smocks to reveal T shirts that I have reconstructed below....

Cant vouch for the thermal lounging suit but the Barbour jackets/hats arent far wrong not to mention the drying dhobi bush that was behind there covert OP........

Dealing with cnuts like you on a daily basis......thats ARRSE

Squiggles said:

You sad bugger!!!! I don't quite get the link between the fact that posters taking the p1ss out of you links to the government getting rid of regiments.

.. Then why post on here?

Beige berret, set of wings and little else except all things gucci. You didn't hear it from me... Oh, and their own brand of Port.

Tafmad,

The link is, that if we as members of this Army can't even respect our own traditions and history (or those of other regiments), how the hell do we expect the suits in Westminster to be bothered?

And yes I did expect the pi55 ripped out of me, but for some reason I thought it was worth it to try and learn something new.

And as for being a poof and/or a bugger - I would find that mighty difficult, what with me being a member of the Female sex.

Perhaps I could try out buggering someone though, bend over Tafmad.... can I borrow your wife's strap on?

Oh, and I did originally post this in the Military History forum which got deleted for some reason? Then put it in Just TA (what with 21 being a TA unit) which has now been moved to NAAFI Bar - how odd!!

Love to all,

Squiggles x

Squiggles said:
Tafmad,

The link is, that if we as members of this Army can't even respect our own traditions and history (or those of other regiments), how the hell do we expect the suits in Westminster to be bothered?
You were told go to Osprey books

There is a sad little shop off Shaftesbury Avenue that sells them.

Now move on and stop wasting oxygen

Squiggles said:
Tafmad,

Hmm... let me see.... two questions -

a) how many of the cabinet have ever served...
and
b) what percentage of the voting population do the armed forces make up?

and perhaps there in lies the problem.

(Oh... and it wasn't a thermal lounging suit...it was a set of Jim Jams...)

Squiggles said:
Tafmad,

And yes I did expect the pi55 ripped out of me, but for some reason I thought it was worth it to try and learn something new.

And as for being a poof and/or a bugger - I would find that mighty difficult, what with me being a member of the Female sex.

Perhaps I could try out buggering someone though, bend over Tafmad.... can I borrow your wife's strap on?
Oh dear! A little miffed are we squiggles? Lets see if we can address your obvious lack of communication skills and your sexual problems

Re: Poof and bugger... I am sure that if you read the response from me again you will see that I did not refer to you as a poof, but you can understand that other posters could have been confused by the syntax and style in which you write. Your other references to buggering, strap ons and the use of the word female with a capital F indicates that maybe you wish that you were one? Being a transvestite does not have the social stigma it used to have the 60's, so don't be afraid that people will mock you, if you have got it flaunt it my dear.

I normally charge an enormous amount of money to clients who need advice about their lifestyles, but this is free only because you have the hots for guys in uniform. :D