21 SAS - training partner

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by sue_me_don't_shoot, Jun 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm current TA looking to attend summer 2012 selection for 21 SAS. Looking for training partner(s) for some hill training likely in the Beacons...maybe further afield....

Planning pretty far in advance, already fit enough to start pre - selection training, but don't have the time for the winter selection & fancy better chances in the Summer.

Here's my rough training schedule for next 12 months

June - September - maintain fitness, few weekends hill training.
    September - January - entering a build phase, few weekends hill training
    February - April (2012) - Pre selection training program, in the Beacons whenever possible.

21 SAS won't give me exact dates for selection starting but reckoning around April/May time based on this years.

Looking for a training partner for weekend hill training from June - April 2012 must be someone going for selection either 21 or 23 & preferably for the summer intake.

Realistically needs to be current/former TA, a lot of dreamers out there & I'm not interested in teaching basic soldiering skills - unless - you are some sort of experienced moutaineering/ultra runner/hill walker. I'm based in the midlands so no good if in Scotland as also want to share fuel costs with someone.

Hill training this year is mainly just for aclimatisation & seeing what the weather conditions will be like next year. Next year they will be as hard as the selection requires (brutal).

PM me or reply to the thread if you are in the same boat & we can discuss.

My main fitness base is from Triathlon/Endurance running, have experience of the mountains both home & abroad.

PS - i'm not someone to hold your hand at the gym & go running with at weekends. Anyone thinking they can use me as an easy route to selection, sorry don't waste my time or yours. It's gonna be just as tough for me & have no intention of carrying anyone through training.

2. your attitude sucks the big dogs cock

3. Further afield, is it, hows about the Negev, or is that too local?

4. Brilliant! First post and trawling for an aspirant SAS (R) soldier for fun, friendship and maybe more. You are either a journo or a terrorist (definately a PERSEC oblivious throbber) and I claim my £10 pounds.

5. I thought that aswell. You train/get fit and try. You don't pick the season. That shows a lack of mental strength.

I'm not ex, but did train/run with someone who failed twise

6. You will fail due to your attitude.

Cock.

7. If you're in the Midlands why aren't you going for 23 instead of 21. Being as their RHQ is in Birmingham.

ps. You're a cock who won't last the first weekend at Pontrilas.

pps. And you don't need basic soldiering skills for selection.

8. No need to rehearse your jacking procedure BIG fella as you'll be 'struck of strength' on day 1.

Now 'sling your hook,' there's a good chap.

9. msr

msr LE

And you failed due to...?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

overtraining by the sound of it.

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

pick two hills 4 miles apart, pouch of mars bars and a water bottle and away you go. back and forth, back and forth........... until your stopped.

unless its changed.

12. It's changed. It's probably changed since '91 too.

13. MSR

Its an Infantry thing, you wouldn't understand.

That and knowing enough of people who have been in the the 21 RTT to get an idea of what they're looking for...

14. Iam not to bad on the phys side of things, but I would expect any training partner of mine to not only to do be able to undertake a few miles but also be able to down a pint and smoke a B&H in under a minute.

15. msr

msr LE

So you didn't try then.