21 SAS (TA)

Will start by saying hello.

Have done a search and found a little bit on the above subject. But have a few more Qs.

1. I work as a security officer doing 4days on 4 off 4 nights. So am i going to have to
Work mon to fri to have free weekends and the one night a week free.

2. Do you get paid for the training like in the normal ta.

3.If I fail at any point can I just go on to a normal ta unit.

Just like to add that I will be joining as a civilian and have no military experience
Cheers red

red77 said:
Will start by saying hello.

Have done a search and found a little bit on the above subject. But have a few more Qs.

1. I work as a security officer doing 4days on 4 off 4 nights. So am i going to have to
Work mon to fri to have free weekends and the one night a week free.

2. Do you get paid for the training like in the normal ta.

3.If I fail at any point can I just go on to a normal ta unit.

Just like to add that I will be joining as a civilian and have no military experience
Cheers red
Good questions.

I don't intend to try to answer all your questions but suggest that your best bet is to call your closest location and speak to a recruiter - nothing better than getting this from the horses mouth.

Best of luck

You can go straight in but most people seem to think its better if you have some military experince behind you.Doubt any unit would complain if you failed selection and came back to them.Good luck it is a huge commitment .

Good people - this is one part of the TA where you really need to contact the units themselves for accurate guidance and advice. Red77 - follow the link msr provided.

21 is a lot of time ..chap at work is 21 and joined years ago .. and they EXPECT you to turn up for every weekend and every training night ..a lot of ex mil chaps are expected to perform better ..ie if your ex RM or para they wil expect a better standard than a civvy ..i may be out of date with this info but this was the case about 5 years ago

The_Duke

LE
Red,

Good luck and hope it goes well for you. Just remember that if it doesn't, there are other units in the same area that have lots to offer and would be pleased to see you!

Duke

How's your training going?

On the subject of Nav; Mountain Navigation by Peter Cliff is superb in it's clear, concise explanation of everything Nav-wise. Truly Priceless.

PTSN

Red - I thought Selection started in Febuary or August. Have the changed the start times? Used to be either Winter or Summer Selection.

Latest Threads