21, 39, 71 or 238

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by newguy, Jul 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I am due to get posted soon to where I don't know but I have been offered the top four units. The problem is is that due to medical reasons ref my son, I need to be given a quarter that is located close to primary schools. Could you tell me ref the above postings if this is possible. Thanks
  2. As a person who knows their limitations I'll steer you in the direction of hallveg to tell you about 238, but when I was there the pads used about 3 different quarter areas none of which seemed close to a school. All I know about 71 is that it is split over several areas.
  3. Sorry the places I was offered was 39 Bristol, 71 Strand and Bexleyheath
  4. Hi,

I am from 71 in bexleyheath, schools... theres lots of them, theres secondary school just across the road from the Ta center... and theres primary schools about 5-10 mins away.

Its also close to the bexleyheath shopping center, or you can go into crayford... again more shops and only 5-10 mins away in a car.

Hope this helps.
  5. I just remembered... the school on the other side of the road is a all girls school... but that doesnt mean there isnt any close enough, take alook at these:

Secondary School, 0.8 miles away from the Ta center
    Bexleyheath School
    Graham Rd, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7DA
    Tel: 020 8303 5696

Primary School, 0.6 miles away from the Ta center
    Mayplace Primary School
    Woodside Rd, Bexleyheath, Kent DA7 6EQ
    Tel: 01322 523256

The links for those are a bit long like, but if ya just copy and paste them into a browser should work

More schools here:

Hope this helps!
  6. 39, kids have to get the bus, be taken in the car or a 5 min walk depending on where your quarter is.
  7. RHQ 39 is in Horfield.

Get a tazer.
  8. At 238 the main pads are in north London which i am sure there are lots of schools but be aware that the unit is moving, not sure where to yet but it is moving
  9. 21 Sigs has the village school 0.9 of a mile from the main gate. Not a bad school. 50/50 with mill and local kids.
  10. 21 Sigs has had a bad press but i enjoyed my time there 2002 -2005. :D
  11. Milkybar,

Agree some of the people on here have slated 21, but I have enjoyed my 2 tours.

The job is what you make it at the end of the day, the plus side of 21 is definitely the location, especially if you have a family, IMO.