21 & 23 SAS

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by countdokku, Jul 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few posts have made referances to the "differances" between 21 and 23 SAS(TAVR). I thought both these units did essentially the same job: long range recce patrols and CASR. Has this changed?

2. Ring them up and ask them Paddy, they are a friendly lot.

3. I don't know but it's your thought - has it?

P.S. a few posts on this site or on an altogether less friendly one?

4. You could try a request under the FOIA.

The rumour mill says that 23 spend a lot of time training in the ex-usaf complex at the bottom of Keilder resevoir and 21 are allegedly to be the main users of the un-marked black helicopters housed inside whats left of Battersea power station. Suggest you try approaching some of the loggie units based near those locations, SF guys are not allowed to drive 4 tonners and someone has to move their toys from a to b ;-)

5. there roles are basicaly the same its a differnce in attitude, as in 23 changed there selection (looking forward trying to get more people through the doors) whilst 21 did not and a bod from 23 i knew who moved to london was asked to do continuation again by co 21 needless to say he told them to bolt. 21 being the senior regiment seem to be very aloof (artist rifles part has something to do with it to) whilst 23 seemed to me anyway to be a bit more robust and rougher round the edges sure the 21 bods will dissagree though

6. there roles are basicaly the same its a differnce in attitude, as in 23 changed there selection (looking forward trying to get more people through the doors) whilst 21 did not and a bod from 23 i knew who moved to london was asked to do continuation again by co 21 needless to say he told them to bolt. 21 being the senior regiment seem to be very aloof (artist rifles part has something to do with it to) whilst 23 seemed to me anyway to be a bit more robust and rougher round the edges sure the 21 bods will dissagree though

7. This thread is due a coffee break now surely?
    [​IMG]

8. no point in 'phoning them; I'm too old for Selection. I just wanted to know if the role of these units had changed since the War on Terror kicked off.

Thanks for the replies, lads.