20th century issue bog brushes

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Silicone bog brush for the win. Nylon bristles all clagged up with every type of bacteria are so last century.

Slime

LE
You can get this old fashioned bog brush and galv bucket for under a fiver.

View attachment 672986

I was reading the Memorable Things From Your Yoof thread this morning and was thinking about these. I once described a bloke to a copper as "having a bog brush haircut". He didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Back in the sixties it was a pretty standard description of a grown out skinhead haircut.

As a child I lived in a house that had an outside toilet as well as the more usual inside toilet.

One day we discovered a hedgehog had gone into the outside toilet and had gone to sleep next to one of those brushes :)

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
And you can put them in the dish washer with your chrome exhaust tips from your car.

Chrome exhaust tips? You've got the wrong lass. I drive possibly the least cool car on sale. It would take a hell of a lot more than chrome exhaust tips to fix that.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Most bathrooms have a small jar holding tiny little toilet brushes.

I get the feeling we are dealing with a very dark fetish here.

Possibly dating back to a bored night in the block and some " experiments".
I think he's more interested in the handle end than the brush end...

...in which case Dunelm Mill does this Butt Plug thingy for £12 which gives the ballbag a scratch when used..
1000100446_alt03.jpg

CC_TA

LE
This seems as good a place as any to drop this.

Those white long handled bog brushes that were in every block and every quarter from my time mid-70s onwards. As often used to clean car wheels and engines as bogs.

I find the ones you can buy everywhere today to be far inferior, so...

...does anyone know if they can be bought today, and where from?
I saw a shelf full of the things on camp here last week - will see if they have a manufacturers stamp on them.

I saw a shelf full of the things on camp here last week - will see if they have a manufacturers stamp on them.
Cheers, that'd be appreciated.

rustypilgrim

Old-Salt
Try a Duck Fresh Brush. Its a plastic handle with disposable bleach pads that you just release and flush away when finished cleaning the loo. I've been using one for 2 years now, saves having to deal with shitey brush ends as well. :)

As a child I lived in a house that had an outside toilet as well as the more usual inside toilet.

One day we discovered a hedgehog had gone into the outside toilet and had gone to sleep next to one of those brushes :)
probably impressed by the flexibility & yoga skills need to stand on ther head.

Slime

LE
probably impressed by the flexibility & yoga skills need to stand on ther head.

Possibly.
As a ‘friend’ of the gardener, hedgehogs were always welcome in the garden as they were like an army of slug killing mercenaries :)