204 Signal Squadron - (Op Grapple 7)

There is a reunion for 212/204 Signal Squadron, planned for all personnel who served in that squadron between 1990-2000. We are particularly looking for the following people who may or may not be still serving

(ranks were correct at time of Op Grapple 7/Resolute 1)

Cpl "Budgie" Bird - Chef
Cpl "Windy" and "Karen" Miller (husband and wife) - Chefs
Sgt "Kev" Shipton - R and I
Pte "Stu" Wilton - Chef

There was also a Sgt Chef attached for the Grapple tour, but no-one can remember his name. If you are or know any of these people, could you please pm me their details. And i shall pass them on to the reunion committee. Its in November, so hopefully plenty of time to find them. Many thanks

AS , also looking for

Woody,Ssgt, looked a touch greek, thick tash, spent his time at 4 regt RA before arriving at 204,Think he was a Crystal Palace Fan, not 100% hopefully someone will know him, was always piping on about missing his time with Antoine Mossiman??? *Chefs circles will know who I mean*

And the guy who did the RLC Stores 'Orrid', someone must know who mean , he was with us at the Bread Factory with Fat Les etc....AS....

Thanks guys

SB

Everyone knows Woody (he could talk a glass eye to sleep), last heard of in Grantham. Al D was in Brunei for a while i believe.

a couple of others around at the time were Mark M & Gordon N, both still around.

fishfingers said:
Everyone knows Woody (he could talk a glass eye to sleep), last heard of in Grantham. Al D was in Brunei for a while i believe.

a couple of others around at the time were Mark M & Gordon N, both still around.

Maybe , but he had a heart of gold and always made sure the boys and girls on the out dets/ rebroadcast stations got as much fresh as he could possibly spare too. I do remember having a few good bbq's on my rebro thanks to Stavros (Woody) and took more than his fair share of stick in the whiplash too :lol: I'm surprised he got away with admitting he once wanted to be a hairdresser as a young lad, that had so much comedy value and it never surfaced... lol Woodys S(th)alon (gotta ad the mincey lisp) :wink:

I know 8)

I was just adding to his heart of gold ones, you're right tho, he has more waffle than an american breakfast, bless him!

I went on Op Granby with 204 Sqn, A1 Ech (MT/Fuels). I was attached from 3 ADSR.

I've got a photo of my section somewhere; I'll see if I can't scan it in somehow.

Anyone else go on Granby with 204? I'm interested in the Sqn photo that was taken in the desert immediately prior to kick-off but I have never seen it; anybody got or seen a copy? I wonder if there's a copy of it hanging in SHQ. Actually, scratch that, I'll just give the Sqn a call and ask.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A RLC 11
Bolton_Sig Royal Signals 1
msr Army Reserve 9