2021 - What now for illegals?

The Australians could do it and solved the arrival of illegals very effectively, no reason the UK can't.

IIRC the Australian solution was to establish a deal with one of the countries off its north east coast. Any illegals were picked up and transported there. Word was also spread at source that even if you got to Aus you would not stay.

As I said, I would place our problem is letting them loose in the population. It means they're pretty much sorted from that point on as they can just abscond and the chances of finding them again are very very low.
I suspect that's the cheapest option though. As any other option is bloody expensive. Eg: detaining them until their identity can be confirmed (or they supply the details themselves). The sheer number of detention facilities and staff needed to ensure that will not become some hell hole are massive, and that's going to cost. To give you an idea last year's arrivals alone would have meant a 10% rise in prison population.

There in lies the problem. We're a bit broke at the moment. The chances of the politicians being negatively effected by illegal immigration is damn near zero. So there's no incentive to fix it.

As I said, I would place our problem is letting them loose in the population. It means they're pretty much sorted from that point on as they can just abscond and the chances of finding them again are very very low
Agreed. Once loose in the community the problem is passed on to the relevant local authority.

Agreed. Once loose in the community the problem is passed on to the relevant local authority.

There used to be a reality TV show where they followed UK Border Force. I think someone had seen the Australian version which has stretched to many seasons and is actually amusing watching people have a spazz out when they get rumbled for contraband, it all sized and destroyed while they're slapped with a massive fine.
Pretty much every episode you'd have UKBF knocking over an address for illegal workers. They'd find some and when checking the records it's a case of 'Oh you've been missing for three years!'. Then at the summary at the end of the episode they'd state that the illegal had been bailed, and then disappeared again. I suspect after a season or two it got stopped because the powers that be realised it wasn't painting them in a good light.

Or at least that was the impression one got.

There used to be a reality TV show where they followed UK Border Force. I think someone had seen the Australian version which has stretched to many seasons and is actually amusing watching people have a spazz out when they get rumbled for contraband, it all sized and destroyed while they're slapped with a massive fine.
Pretty much every episode you'd have UKBF knocking over an address for illegal workers. They'd find some and when checking the records it's a case of 'Oh you've been missing for three years!'. Then at the summary at the end of the episode they'd state that the illegal had been bailed, and then disappeared again. I suspect after a season or two it got stopped because the powers that be realised it wasn't painting them in a good light.

Agreed. So many of the social issues in UK right now can be linked to mass migration over the last 20 years and particularly how we've inculcated the conditions to continually accept so many migrants.

Whilst it may be convenient to blame the EU, so much of this is our own doing. I posted previously that the 2021 census will be an absolute sham. If Boris wants to secure a second term, he'd be wise to go hard after illegal migrations, stopping the flow, and a concerted effort to repatriate illegals.

The challenge right now is that discussing paedos whilst in polite company is more socially acceptable than the elephant in the room that is migration. Woke and leftism will only make that worse.

Agreed. So many of the social issues in UK right now can be linked to mass migration over the last 20 years and particularly how we've inculcated the conditions to continually accept so many migrants.

Whilst it may be convenient to blame the EU, so much of this is our own doing. I posted previously that the 2021 census will be an absolute sham. If Boris wants to secure a second term, he'd be wise to go hard after illegal migrations, stopping the flow, and a concerted effort to repatriate illegals.

The challenge right now is that discussing paedos whilst in polite company is more socially acceptable than the elephant in the room that is migration. Woke and leftism will only make that worse.

It'll be interesting to see how Patel plays this. As she's obviously in with a shot of replacing Boris. If she gets a grip, and can be shown to have a serious effect, then she's pretty much won already. If she doesn't then its likely to seriously hinder her.

I believe a major hurdle is finding out where illegal entrants originate from.
Even then, they cannot be returned to country of origin without correct documentation.
If the border control type television programmes are to be believed, after being caught they are release, pending enquiries, and told to report to a "centre".
I have a great solution for this. If they can't or won't produce documentation then they will automatically be assumed to be Somalian. We pay the Somalia government 20k for everyone of their 'own' citizens they accept back once they issued them a Somali passport. Daily flights back to Somalia, landing and parachutes optional.

anglo

LE
It'll be interesting to see how Patel plays this. As she's obviously in with a shot of replacing Boris. If she gets a grip, and can be shown to have a serious effect, then she's pretty much won already. If she doesn't then its likely to seriously hinder her.
Fine until some woke CS start crying that she is bullying them,

More likely the tv series got stopped because someone screamed "racism".

I have a great solution for this. If they can't or won't produce documentation then they will automatically be assumed to be Somalian. We pay the Somalia government 20k for everyone of their 'own' citizens they accept back once they issued them a Somali passport. Daily flights back to Somalia, landing and parachutes optional.
Variation on what I suggested earlier - agreed - a cash grant and a flight "home" will be cheaper in the long run. And a good use of the overseas aid budget

I wonder what the plans are to vaccinate (or not) the 500k to 1m illegal immigrants in the UK who aren't registered in the system. Part of me says feck em, but also don't want repeated outbreaks in Birmingham Bradford and the gardens under the Heathrow flght path
Hmm, I'm waiting for unregistered patients to be dropped off at A&E. Or perhaps the local pig farms are cutting back on their orders of feed.

So far as I'm aware, there haven't been any cases yet of vaccine doses being 'mislaid' from inventory or vehicles hijacked and the refrigerated contents mysteriously vanishing. Maybe the slave masters bosses don't care about their slaves 'indentured workers' enough for this to happen?

Regarding asylum seekers, I thought they were obliged to seek asylum at the first safe place they got to. In my mind, anyone who transits through 'safe' countries ceases to be a refugee if they have not sought asylum at the earliest opportunity, or have refused offers of asylum, or have been refused asylum in any of those places.

Happy to be corrected, but it seems to me that someone aiming for the UK while passing through Greece, France, RoI etc is no longer a refugee but should be regarded as an economic migrant. Shouldn't the presumption be that they aren't sufficiently under threat if they have transited through other countries?

As the bowl of petunias said: 'here we go again...'

Until our Human Rights Act gets completely overhauled the illegals will continue to disappear into the citys, work illegaly, destroy jobs, pay no taxes, raise the crime rates, burden the NHS and in some cases as we have witnessed, murder our children.

Anyone have a mass grave going spare?

The ECHR is separate to the EU. Brexit does not remove the UK's obligations under the convention.
No, but us telling the European Council (the owner of the ECHR) to get fucked will no longer result in the EU trying to put economic sanctions on us.

Without us being beholden to the EU, the ECHR is pretty toothless for us now.

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt
If they are applying for asylum then they are not attempting to gain illegal entry into the UK. Asylum seekers and illegal immigrants are two separate things.
Semantics, most asylum seekers are illegal immigrants who claim to be asylum seekers to achieve their goal. That is to stay in the UK, be granted the right to remain and then bring their kith and kin over.

endure

GCM
Semantics, most asylum seekers are illegal immigrants who claim to be asylum seekers to achieve their goal. That is to stay in the UK, be granted the right to remain and then bring their kith and kin over.
If they're granted the right to remain they aren't illegal immigrants...

I wonder what the plans are to vaccinate (or not) the 500k to 1m illegal immigrants in the UK who aren't registered in the system. Part of me says feck em, but also don't want repeated outbreaks in Birmingham Bradford and the gardens under the Heathrow flght path
In terms of Covid 19 testing, irregular migrants are regarded as a 'hard to reach' group, along with the homeless, sex workers, former criminals*, non-English-speaking monolingual groups, etc. They do not willingly come forward to be registered or tested; many work in the black economy so cannot afford not to work. Added to the probably adverse living conditions they experience, levels of infection are likely to be very high.

* the rumour is that Covid 19 PCR testing is collecting DNA samples, hence the low public uptake in Liverpool during the mass testing in Liverpool in November.

If they're granted the right to remain they aren't illegal immigrants...
As was pointed out above though, why are they not seeking asylum in their first safe country?