2021 - What now for illegals?

I've been looking up online regarding revised policies regarding refugees, asylum seekers and people whom come here; what's going to happen now if they successfully make an illegal crossing or are found here living illegally and haven't filed an application under the ECHR rule 8?

Is their going to be more of a streamlined removals process for those whom enter illegally now or whom haven't filed proper applications for ILR?

It's kind of cheesed me off and other's I expect the kind of rights and entitlements they actually do get over tramps in fact, not indicating I'm against immigration; I just welcome a more controlled system which is fairer on the UK tax payers; 1 billion quid on asylum seekers and costs in legal aid dished out etc

Are we really going to see the honorable Priti Patel cracking down now and sending illegals packing like she said she would with the removal of the implications of the ECJ?

Not to sure about whether sections of the ECHR will still apply, a novice on these kind of things but some clear answers are wanted; just because Covid is clouding the news doesn't mean fulfilling other gov duties is going away

Surely at least Border Force will be testing them for Covid before acting as a Taxi Service now

Border Force wouldn't want to be accused of aiding and abetting the spread of Covid into the UK would it?

I believe a major hurdle is finding out where illegal entrants originate from.
Even then, they cannot be returned to country of origin without correct documentation.
If the border control type television programmes are to be believed, after being caught they are release, pending enquiries, and told to report to a "centre".

Wouldn’t be blaming Border Force, but I wouldn’t put it past the Frogs to supply the illegals with dinghies and point them in the right direction!
99% of the illegals have NO ID, if they can’t be turned around and sent back at sea, Arrest them, put on a ferry and send them straight back. IF THEY HAVE ID, give them a chance to legally claim asylum or encourage them to return home voluntarily.
I cannot see the French helping out at all now, they don’t want the illegals there as well. Macron is going to be a right Cnut now, as he didn’t get his way over the fishing.

Wouldn’t be blaming Border Force, but I wouldn’t put it past the Frogs to supply the illegals with dinghies and point them in the right direction!
99% of the illegals have NO ID, if they can’t be turned around and sent back at sea, Arrest them, put on a ferry and send them straight back. IF THEY HAVE ID, give them a chance to legally claim asylum or encourage them to return home voluntarily.
I cannot see the French helping out at all now, they don’t want the illegals there as well. Macron is going to be a right Cnut now, as he didn’t get his way over the fishing.
If the French want to be arsey we can too. Stop every vehicle entering the UK via France and conduct a thorough search for illegals. The ferries can't offload HGVs this side of the Channel if there's nowhere to park them whilst awaiting inspection so the ferries won't be able to turn around and fetch more lorries from France. The build up of traffic would be immense in France and would royally piss the frogs off. It would have a similar effect to the stunt Macron pulled off a few weeks back.

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
I wonder what the plans are to vaccinate (or not) the 500k to 1m illegal immigrants in the UK who aren't registered in the system. Part of me says feck em, but also don't want repeated outbreaks in Birmingham Bradford and the gardens under the Heathrow flght path

endure

GCM
If the French want to be arsey we can too. Stop every vehicle entering the UK via France and conduct a thorough search for illegals. The ferries can't offload HGVs this side of the Channel if there's nowhere to park them whilst awaiting inspection so the ferries won't be able to turn around and fetch more lorries from France. The build up of traffic would be immense in France and would royally piss the frogs off. It would have a similar effect to the stunt Macron pulled off a few weeks back.
It would also empty the shelves of UK supermarkets in short order. Around 25% of the UK's food arrives via the Channel.

I believe a major hurdle is finding out where illegal entrants originate from.
Even then, they cannot be returned to country of origin without correct documentation.
If the border control type television programmes are to be believed, after being caught they are release, pending enquiries, and told to report to a "centre".

Can't we drop them on Rockall, that's British territory after all

At what point to they become a UK problem? Presumably when they enter UK territorial waters we have some kind of SOLAS responsibility?

endure

GCM
At what point to they become a UK problem? Presumably when they enter UK territorial waters we have some kind of SOLAS responsibility?
SOLAS responsibility has no borders.

Regulation 33 - Distress Situations: Obligations and procedures​

1. The master of a ship at sea which is in a position to be able to provide assistance on receiving information from any source that persons are in distress at sea, is bound to proceed with all speed to their assistance, if possible informing them or the search and rescue service that the ship is doing so. This obligation to provide assistance applies regardless of the nationality or status of such persons or the circumstances in which they are found. If the ship receiving the distress alert is unable or, in the special circumstances of the case, considers it unreasonable or unnecessary to proceed to their assistance, the master must enter in the log-book the reason for failing to proceed to the assistance of the persons in distress, taking into account the recommendation of the Organization, to inform the appropriate search and rescue service accordingly.

SOLAS responsibility has no borders.

Regulation 33 - Distress Situations: Obligations and procedures​

1. The master of a ship at sea which is in a position to be able to provide assistance on receiving information from any source that persons are in distress at sea, is bound to proceed with all speed to their assistance, if possible informing them or the search and rescue service that the ship is doing so. This obligation to provide assistance applies regardless of the nationality or status of such persons or the circumstances in which they are found. If the ship receiving the distress alert is unable or, in the special circumstances of the case, considers it unreasonable or unnecessary to proceed to their assistance, the master must enter in the log-book the reason for failing to proceed to the assistance of the persons in distress, taking into account the recommendation of the Organization, to inform the appropriate search and rescue service accordingly.
So this is why the dingy folk are such a difficult problem to deal with. If they hit UK shores they're safe, if approached by a UKBF vessel, they cut their own engine and call distress - they're safe. I should imagine it's near impossible to legally convince/coerce a dingy to turn back to France.

So this is why the dingy folk are such a difficult problem to deal with. If they hit UK shores they're safe, if approached by a UKBF vessel, they cut their own engine and call distress - they're safe. I should imagine it's near impossible to legally convince/coerce a dingy to turn back to France.

You could release oil into to the water and set fire to it, then claim it's not safe to rescue them, they'll have to go back to EUtopia

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
You could release oil into to the water and set fire to it, then claim it's not safe to rescue them, they'll have to go back to EUtopia

Ethically sourced, carbon neutral oil?

I'm pretty a sure a revised policy of refusing benefits to people including HOUSING and 5 quid a day without proper documentation wouldn't go amiss?

Like these asylum seekers and immigrants whom turn out of the abis...

I'm pretty a sure a revised policy of refusing benefits to people including HOUSING and 5 quid a day without proper documentation wouldn't go amiss?

I assume there's a gang of social scientists and academics who advise that it's "cheaper" to provide some benefits to (both home grown and illegal) non-productive members of society than to pay for the consequences of not doing so.

ETA: plus invariably it will be different pots of money being dipped into so the true financial cost will be massaged. The societal "cost" is more difficult to measure and matters much less to the chattering classes of islington.

endure

GCM

Asylum seekers get £37.75 a week on a card which they can use to draw in cash. They also get a bed usually in a shared house somewhere oop north.

Those who have been refused asylum are given somewhere to live and £35.39 a week on a payment card which can't be cashed out. If they choose not to live in the offered accommodation they don't get the card.

If you refuse them any form of housing what are you going to do with them? Let them live on the streets to pester the normal population?

Much easier to use them as slave labour until they work off the costs of deporting them to Rockall

Asylum seekers get £37.75 a week on a card which they can use to draw in cash. They also get a bed usually in a shared house somewhere oop north.

Those who have been refused asylum are given somewhere to live and £35.39 a week on a payment card which can't be cashed out. If they choose not to live in the offered accommodation they don't get the card.

If you refuse them any form of housing what are you going to do with them? Let them live on the streets to pester the normal population?
What I personally would like to do is send them back to their original countries.

Sorry if that is unfashionable.

Failing that we can stop the rights to all benefits unless in approved accommodation that is based on remand centres. They get access to the NHS but that is it. No leaving by the way. Because frankly they are ILLEGAL immigrants, so why shouldn't they be treated as criminal suspects.

That's all. Pretty soon they will stop coming when they realise they can't get money for free.

Why do they want to come to Britain rather than stay in the EU? Because they know they can get free money.

Stop the money and you will stop the illegals.