2021 UK Census

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The Mother Of All Bombs ??? It must be quite heavy ?
Yup, it’s quite big:
79619635-1A8D-411D-8697-63F6D405D195.jpeg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Still , quite a bit smaller than the 22,000 lb Grand Slam.
Only 400lbs smaller and much, much more explosive (nearly twice as much) than a Grand Slam.

Different jobs for different bombs I guess.

Just received in the post the official Census 2021 letter with my household 'code' for the online census.

We're to complete the online census on the 21st March, 2021 or as soon as possible after.

If I don't or can't complete the online census, I have to request a paper form online (lol) or by telephone.

This draws me to the conclusion that it is going to be an utter shambles, a complete waste of time and money ,no use to the country and will not be representative in any way shape or form.

I got one of those on Tuesday as well. Filled it in online, and got another one today reminding me to complete it by the 21st.

The winkers.

Chef

LE
Only 400lbs smaller and much, much more explosive (nearly twice as much) than a Grand Slam.

Different jobs for different bombs I guess.
Is the 'much more explosive' due to modern explosives being more powerful or a different design meaning more can, physically, be packed in?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Is the 'much more explosive' due to modern explosives being more powerful or a different design meaning more can, physically, be packed in?
The Grand Slam was designed to punch through the ground and explode under the target. A lot more armoured casing.

Edit. Explode, you stupid (checks forum) fúcking cúnting twátting speelchucker.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The Grand Slam had a very heavy, thick casing as it was needed as a ground penetrator or earthquake bomb. MOAB is more like a huge ‘Cookie’ - thin casing, loads of explosive = blast bomb.

ETA: Damn you @AlienFTM , damn you!

We often see stats like this, but how do they estimate how many illegals there are?
Supermarkets and water/sewage have been the indicators for previous estimates.

Everyone needs to eat, drink, shit & piss.

RedDinger

War Hero
Supermarkets and water/sewage have been the indicators for previous estimates.

Everyone needs to eat, drink, shit & piss.
How do illegal turds vary from the norm? And who counts them?

The Grand Slam had a very heavy, thick casing as it was needed as a ground penetrator or earthquake bomb. MOAB is more like a huge ‘Cookie’ - thin casing, loads of explosive = blast bomb.

ETA: Damn you @AlienFTM , damn you!
Grand Slam and Tallboy were technically MC (medium capacity); the Cookies were HC. (high capacity) Came in three flavours, 4000lb, 8000lb and 12000lb - the latter (12000lb HC) often gets confused with Tallboy (12000lb MC) because they were the same weight, but could not otherwise have been more different. 68000 of the 4000lb cookies dropped by Bomber Command: along with the 80 million 4lb incendiaries, it was the real city killer.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Grand Slam and Tallboy were technically MC (medium capacity); the Cookies were HC. (high capacity) Came in three flavours, 4000lb, 8000lb and 12000lb - the latter (12000lb HC) often gets confused with Tallboy (12000lb MC) because they were the same weight, but could not otherwise have been more different. 68000 of the 4000lb cookies dropped by Bomber Command: along with the 80 million 4lb incendiaries, it was the real city killer.
Big *******:
7EF9890A-D585-4970-8C47-6A94B870EDC7.jpeg

ACAB

LE
1614966584050.png

Not unlike the Grand Slam pictured here being released.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 554753

Not unlike the Grand Slam pictured here being released.
I've told this before. I once knew "Willie" Tait ( 617 commander)'s son in law online. The former told the latter that the safe drop height for a Grand Slam was 14,000'. But in the time from take off to any target, a Grand Slam bomber could only achieve 11,000'. They dropped from 11,000'.

Grand Slam could break the sound barrier before it hit the ground, it was so slippery.

Chef

LE
Thanks for that @AlienFTM and @Bubbles_Barker I did think it was due to the Grand Slam's thick casing hence less explosive.

The main point is the British have the biggest bomb. Huzza!

Rather like Eric Brown having the most deck landings, the Americans, I believe dedicated a trio of pilots to beat that record, they didn't do it and one pilot had to call it a day through nerves.

Childish I know but sometimes it's nice to be above the Americans. :)

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for that @AlienFTM and @Bubbles_Barker I did think it was due to the Grand Slam's thick casing hence less explosive.

The main point is the British have the biggest bomb. Huzza!

Rather like Eric Brown having the most deck landings, the Americans, I believe dedicated a trio of pilots to beat that record, they didn't do it and one pilot had to call it a day through nerves.

Childish I know but sometimes it's nice to be above the Americans. :)
But probably below Ivan....

Latest Threads