Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 UK Census

Has anyone else here applied?
Following your post, I've had a look. £13.01 ph is better than what you'd get on a construction site?
It's a 10 week contract, the first 5 of which are your training and you training the census officers. Where do you train the census officers - at your home (which is your office)?
You have to run team meetings throughout the contract. Again, in your "office"?
The census officers are provided with PPE which, presumably, you dish out from the stocks stored in your "office". If you give them their full allocation, what's to stop them from flogging it (and either quitting or asking for more)? If you dish it out on a daily basis, you're going to be very busy and non-productive.

I'm tempted but I can envisage the need to work some long hours as you're supposed to supervise, mentor and respond to the census officers who will be working in windows from 09:00 to 20:00 Mon-Sat and 10:00-16:00 Sunday. No mention of being paid for more than 37 hours per week though.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Following your post, I've had a look. £13.01 ph is better than what you'd get on a construction site?
It's a 10 week contract, the first 5 of which are your training and you training the census officers. Where do you train the census officers - at your home (which is your office)?
You have to run team meetings throughout the contract. Again, in your "office"?
The census officers are provided with PPE which, presumably, you dish out from the stocks stored in your "office". If you give them their full allocation, what's to stop them from flogging it (and either quitting or asking for more)? If you dish it out on a daily basis, you're going to be very busy and non-productive.

I'm tempted but I can envisage the need to work some long hours as you're supposed to supervise, mentor and respond to the census officers who will be working in windows from 09:00 to 20:00 Mon-Sat and 10:00-16:00 Sunday. No mention of being paid for more than 37 hours per week though.
Thanks for taking the time to respond old boy.

Aye, the pay is slightly more than I earn on site, plus December/January is a bad time for work. When there is work it's hard, cold graft in between days of being ragged off by the weather. Can't lay bricks in the rain or pour concrete when it's too cold or frosty. I don't get paid when there's no work.

The census jub will be hard work, I certainly don't mind that and it'll be good to get back into a challanging workspace again.

I don't know where the training of my team takes place, but it won't be at my home.

I'm presuming the team have been through the same vetting as me and they are volunteers, so I can't see problems regarding selling PPE or the phones I'll be issuing.

To be honest I relish the challange. There won't be another chance for me to do this, and it's a thing I believe in.

To be honest I relish the challange. There won't be another chan
If you're placed in a rural area, it could be quite lucrative (from the mileage) and fairly hassle-free. Might not be quite such fun in an urban environment where your team is likely to be viewed with suspicion.

So who will have the biggest group this time Jedis or Pastafarians?

As the Jedi are now the intellectual property of Disney, and use of The Forceis subject to copyright and licensing restrictions, more of the peepul will turn to His warm, noodly embrace.

Last edited:

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
If you're placed in a rural area, it could be quite lucrative (from the mileage) and fairly hassle-free. Might not be quite such fun in an urban environment where your team is likely to be viewed with suspicion.
Doesn't get more rural than Lincolnshire and the city itself is really small compared with other Cathedral cities.

I'll let you and the thread know how this progresses. Cheers again.