2021 UK Census

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
I wonder how many points we are gonna drop from 87% white in the 2011 census... =(

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
What are you saying..?

Yeah.

What's the legal comeback for lying on a census? Could you get prosecutions based on evidence provided afterwards? Do they link the census to benefit address logs for instance?
I couldn’t be bothered to complete the last one, nothing happened.

Has anyone else here applied?
Following your post, I've had a look. £13.01 ph is better than what you'd get on a construction site?
It's a 10 week contract, the first 5 of which are your training and you training the census officers. Where do you train the census officers - at your home (which is your office)?
You have to run team meetings throughout the contract. Again, in your "office"?
The census officers are provided with PPE which, presumably, you dish out from the stocks stored in your "office". If you give them their full allocation, what's to stop them from flogging it (and either quitting or asking for more)? If you dish it out on a daily basis, you're going to be very busy and non-productive.

I'm tempted but I can envisage the need to work some long hours as you're supposed to supervise, mentor and respond to the census officers who will be working in windows from 09:00 to 20:00 Mon-Sat and 10:00-16:00 Sunday. No mention of being paid for more than 37 hours per week though.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Following your post, I've had a look. £13.01 ph is better than what you'd get on a construction site?
It's a 10 week contract, the first 5 of which are your training and you training the census officers. Where do you train the census officers - at your home (which is your office)?
You have to run team meetings throughout the contract. Again, in your "office"?
The census officers are provided with PPE which, presumably, you dish out from the stocks stored in your "office". If you give them their full allocation, what's to stop them from flogging it (and either quitting or asking for more)? If you dish it out on a daily basis, you're going to be very busy and non-productive.

I'm tempted but I can envisage the need to work some long hours as you're supposed to supervise, mentor and respond to the census officers who will be working in windows from 09:00 to 20:00 Mon-Sat and 10:00-16:00 Sunday. No mention of being paid for more than 37 hours per week though.
Thanks for taking the time to respond old boy.

Aye, the pay is slightly more than I earn on site, plus December/January is a bad time for work. When there is work it's hard, cold graft in between days of being ragged off by the weather. Can't lay bricks in the rain or pour concrete when it's too cold or frosty. I don't get paid when there's no work.

The census jub will be hard work, I certainly don't mind that and it'll be good to get back into a challanging workspace again.

I don't know where the training of my team takes place, but it won't be at my home.

I'm presuming the team have been through the same vetting as me and they are volunteers, so I can't see problems regarding selling PPE or the phones I'll be issuing.

To be honest I relish the challange. There won't be another chance for me to do this, and it's a thing I believe in.

To be honest I relish the challange. There won't be another chan
If you're placed in a rural area, it could be quite lucrative (from the mileage) and fairly hassle-free. Might not be quite such fun in an urban environment where your team is likely to be viewed with suspicion.

So who will have the biggest group this time Jedis or Pastafarians?

As the Jedi are now the intellectual property of Disney, and use of The Forceis subject to copyright and licensing restrictions, more of the peepul will turn to His warm, noodly embrace.

Last edited:

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
If you're placed in a rural area, it could be quite lucrative (from the mileage) and fairly hassle-free. Might not be quite such fun in an urban environment where your team is likely to be viewed with suspicion.
Doesn't get more rural than Lincolnshire and the city itself is really small compared with other Cathedral cities.

I'll let you and the thread know how this progresses. Cheers again.

Well, those of you who were wondering how many possible answers to the “what gender are you” question should see here.

Theres also an opportunity to Walt it up and declare your veteranship.

Last edited:
Just received in the post the official Census 2021 letter with my household 'code' for the online census.

We're to complete the online census on the 21st March, 2021 or as soon as possible after.

If I don't or can't complete the online census, I have to request a paper form online (lol) or by telephone.

This draws me to the conclusion that it is going to be an utter shambles, a complete waste of time and money ,no use to the country and will not be representative in any way shape or form.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
Re Asterix's note above, We also had that letter today. They say that you can take a flyer at it in advance, then change it later if you need to. Also, they want people who would normally live here on the 21st, so removing the anomaly of people who happen to be away in hotels, or passing visitors not usually resident.
Seems fair to me?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The company that is delivering the 2021 UK Census also delivers the Home Office Biometrics programme and is transforming the Met's C2 systems. The parent company delivers amongst other things, the MOAB.

You should all be worried.

Muahahahaha....

You've forgotten the sweat shops in Leicester............

....and about 1,500,000 unaccounted for illegals, which negates most if not all stats on head of population, their religions, earning potential, tax returns, who lives where, and a host of other "Important" info so beloved by big brother, social engineers, and government jobsworths.

....and about 1,500,000 unaccounted for illegals, which negates most if not all stats on head of population, their religions, earning potential, tax returns, who lives where, and a host of other "Important" info so beloved by big brother, social engineers, and government jobsworths.
...and the other 10m (educated guess) who simply fly under the radar but not illegal as far as residency is concerned.

That's 1 in 7 of the total , a bit on the heavy side, wouldn't you say!
You're assuming the population runs at 70m?

I'd put money at it running at over 80m, most probably closer to 90m.

My predictions for the census will show an increase from 63.2m (2011) to 75m, officially, reported back by those that will endeavour to fulfil the request for truthful information.

Tyk

LE
You're assuming the population runs at 70m?

I'd put money at it running at over 80m, most probably closer to 90m.

My predictions for the census will show an increase from 63.2m (2011) to 75m, officially, reported back by those that will endeavour to fulfil the request for truthful information.

The figures from the utilities and food companies indicate easily 80+ million a significant number of which aren't documented and the census won't change that. Thanks Mr Blair.

Latest Threads