2021 UK Census

For some reason I have no screaming alarm bells with this Statement today.
I do realise we would have difficulties accomodating, educating children of, building extra hospitals for - a large influx of HK immigrants. Even spread over an extended period.

But I would far rather have them than the same number from other areas of the Commonwealth or N. Africa or ME.

Hong Kong'ers understand our concept of democracy, value it and won't abuse it.
Nor I, but then I won’t be one of those who will be demonstrating about the levels of unemployment while we’re importing 3 million immigrants, or protesting about houses being built in my back yard, or complaining that I never hear English spoken on the street anymore. Etc., etc.,

Definitely not, do you actually think that certain nationalities will be totally truthful about how many are living there?
Covid is.

Nor I, but then I won’t be one of those who will be demonstrating about the levels of unemployment while we’re importing 3 million immigrants, or protesting about houses being built in my back yard, or complaining that I never hear English spoken on the street anymore. Etc., etc.,
Your point being ..... Let anyone in ?

The census will be a waste of time, I can categorically guarantee that the people who are new to this Country or shouldn't be here wont fill it in. Therefore, a waste of time.

If it is filled in correctly it needs to be tied to benefits and those stopped if its not filled in, make it a criminal act with threat of prison.
My personal gripe, is the threats of fines/ you maybe liable to imprisonment if you do not complete it.

Bloke from Crapita rocks up at door, "Well, you have to fill it in, it's the LAW!"

"Look mate, there is no law on Gods Green earth, that can force me to fill in a form, if I don't want to."

Crapita man wanders off.

Your point being ..... Let anyone in ?
I’m not sure how you extrapolated to that conclusion from my post.
Arrse is positively stuffed with people moaning about immigrants and now that Boris is planning letting another 3 million in, it’s kind of interesting to see the fanboi’s nodding sagely instead of spluttering their Werther’s originals all over their Daily Mail.

I’m not sure how you extrapolated to that conclusion from my post.
Arrse is positively stuffed with people moaning about immigrants and now that Boris is planning letting another 3 million in, it’s kind of interesting to see the fanboi’s nodding sagely instead of spluttering their Werther’s originals all over their Daily Mail.
Its about who they let in.

You know ..Taking back control of borders ...

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
What are you saying..?

Yeah.

What's the legal comeback for lying on a census? Could you get prosecutions based on evidence provided afterwards? Do they link the census to benefit address logs for instance?
Sect. 8 of the 1920 Census Act covers this.

Maximum fine is £1000. People are prosecuted, for refusing to fill it in or making a false statement.* A couple of hundred (I think) from the last one got nabbed in 2012.

No links, can't do that from this phone.

*You don't have to tell the truth about your religion and can even that bit blank.

Can you imagine the size of the form?
By the time I've got through the 97 genders, 127,000 national identities and the 46,000 skin tones, I reckon I'll just tick any old box.

Congratulations Mr Slaw, you now identify as a Golden Khaki, West Country/English/British, 2nd generation toaster.

On the subject of a National Identity Card (Or Scheme/System/Registration, whatever it will be called.), aside from the insistence about Englishman’s home/castle from some, why not? What’s to stop a system being introduced whereby everyone in the UK is registered and given a photo card?
We have in Peru a system where almost (I’ll come to that in a minute.) everyone is registered and issued a card every 10 years. The system is initially paid for by government but then reissued cards are paid for by the individual. (About £8 at the moment.). With my card and a simple check on a national database I can, if I want, register at a bank for a loan, hire an e-scooter or countless other things. You link as much as you want too to the card and just do it. You’ve got to the stage in UK where desperate measures are called for.
There will will be concerns about personal privacy, (get over it/not all information is available to all people.) security (then people will have to be trained, a whole new employment possibility in itself), security of data etc. Boris’s attitude of “Just get it done!” should help.
For those that genuinely can’t afford the cost, the government will pay. All cards to be issued in English only.
The card is purely a guarantee that that name/dob/phot/fingerprint were correct at the time of issue.
No card? No free services.

There are schemes in the highlands here that are trying to capture the last few people without a card. I’ve been directly involved in one. Free medical care if you and your children are registered they get free medical care at the local clinic. These are often 40/50year old husbands who can’t read or write, who speak Aymara or Quechua as a first language and have never interacted with the authorities, and their families. You won’t suddenly find hidden tribes who’ve never seen a white person in the UK. You’ve got the money and skill. If Peru can do it, UK can.

(Incidentally I can use my Peruvian ID card to travel between all Latin American countries except Venezuela, and Brasil, but they don’t interest me.)
Mine ran out in December last year. I found it's fairly brilliant.

RBMK

Old-Salt
Former colleague of mine now runs a drone business round the Hants / Berks area. Mostly he does surveys for councils e.g. planning departments, but also insulation surveys and utility surveys.

A few years ago he did some work in Slough for the local council. He was using an infra red detection drone looking for poorly insulated houses. He was shocked to find that many garages behind houses were being used as residences for off-grid people (illegals, asylum seekers etc).

The council planners were very keen to analyse his data and started raiding these garages. I believe that they gave in because there were too many and the UK Border Force could not handle the numbers they found.

I'm sure these people will be only too keen to fill in the census like the other 900,000 illegals hiding round the country.

Tyk

LE
Former colleague of mine now runs a drone business round the Hants / Berks area. Mostly he does surveys for councils e.g. planning departments, but also insulation surveys and utility surveys.

A few years ago he did some work in Slough for the local council. He was using an infra red detection drone looking for poorly insulated houses. He was shocked to find that many garages behind houses were being used as residences for off-grid people (illegals, asylum seekers etc).

The council planners were very keen to analyse his data and started raiding these garages. I believe that they gave in because there were too many and the UK Border Force could not handle the numbers they found.

I'm sure these people will be only too keen to fill in the census like the other 900,000 illegals hiding round the country.
If it's less than 3m illegals I'd be very surprised. 900k was an absurdly conservative estimate from years ago.

The census will be a lot less useful than it should be as there are far too many people willing to be less than truthful now in the country.

Chef

LE

I'd heard of IR scanners being used around urban environments. Also water usage in and sewage out to see if it tallies up with the alleged population in an area.

RBMK

Old-Salt
I'd heard of IR scanners being used around urban environments. Also water usage in and sewage out to see if it tallies up with the alleged population in an area.
It is indeed used for those things.

My old workmate got into the drone business early on as he was a model aircraft enthusiast with a couple of flying model helicopters.

He spends quite a bit of time doing surveying for Thames Water and their contractors but also for various councils looking for things like illegal buildings and extensions, etc. He also does some pipeline and power line surveying because it's cheaper to fly his drone than a manned helicopter.

In support of BLM everyone should register their ethnicity as afro-caribbean.

Then wait for the results and the sounds of Daily Mail readers all over the country exploding.

Dr Death

War Hero
So who will have the biggest group this time Jedis or Pastafarians?
Being a Jedi is not all about the force & the darkside?

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
Can you imagine the size of the form?
By the time I've got through the 97 genders, 127,000 national identities and the 46,000 skin tones, I reckon I'll just tick any old box.

Congratulations Mr Slaw, you now identify as a Golden Khaki, West Country/English/British, 2nd generation toaster.
You joke, but they were going to allow people to "self identify" on it (not sure if they still are after some fuss was kicked up), if you can lie about basics like your sex on it, it makes a mockery of the whole thing!

Latest Threads