Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 and all that...

So, we are almost there. With the odd honourable exception, most of us are likely to get to to the end of 2020 so it's time for reflection. What did the year mean to you? Was it the year Bill Gates injected the world's population with microchips to track/control them? The year the Democrats stole America by counting all the votes? When sheeples wore masks so the lizard people knew who they controlled, or just the year you had to drink at home because the pubs were closed?

For me, it was the closest I've come to wshing for a military coup to put someone vaguely competent in charge (but then thought about MOD procurement and changed my mind).

So, we are almost there. With the odd honourable exception, most of us are likely to get to to the end of 2020 so it's time for reflection. What did the year mean to you? Was it the year Bill Gates injected the world's population with microchips to track/control them? The year the Democrats stole America by counting all the votes? When sheeples wore masks so the lizard people knew who they controlled, or just the year you had to drink at home because the pubs were closed?

For me, it was the closest I've come to wshing for a military coup to put someone vaguely competent in charge (but then thought about MOD procurement and changed my mind).
For me the highlight has been not having to make excuses to go out with people, or go round to see people that you are loosely acquainted with (via spousal arrangements) who you don't really like.

Last edited:
Well if that's what you enjoy, carry on.

Reset button on a few of life's real core values tbh.
EG, take care of immediate family & a tiny selection of real mates, and frankly hit the delete button a good few "users".

notwhoiam

Old-Salt
Working from home and not having to wear pants to work would have to be the highlight.

The lack of ability to chin mongs who brought tonnes of toilet paper and other supplies was a letdown.

**Serious shield up**
The fact that Nurses and Doctors were appreciated for their work was another highlight. Mrs notwhoiam did mention that this has brought the worst and best out in people.
**Serious shield down**

For me 2020 has been shirking from home for two and a half days each week since March.
Still doing as much work as when I had to go in to the office, (no more than a couple of hours each week), but never having to look busy.
The ability to nip out to run the occasional errand during work time as well as surfing it up.
Not commuting is great, the car doesn't leave the garage more than a couple of times a week.
Throw in a 5-10 minute long Teams meeting once a week where everyone lies and says they are busy.
Money for old rope?
Oh yes.
A very nice way to wind down to full retirement this summer.

Latest Threads