2019 Local Elections

To kick off:

Sunderland giving Labour a kicking.
UKIP & Cons gaining seats

How is it going to go?

I think we ought to flay them all alive and bury them in a salt filled coffin. I'm not particularly worried what party they represent. They all deserve to suffer for eternity for the cl*sterf*ck they've led us in to.

In our village only one candidate actually came round (Con) and only one other put a leaflet through the door (an Indy).

I wouldn't vote for one of the 3 cons on the sheet as I've had dealings with his company and he is an obnoxious, lying, dishonest little sh!t.

The Labour locals have fvcked up our local town building a bling shopping centre that stands 3/4 empty after 2 years but has cost us millions and implemented parking charges sothey're not getting my vote.

Lib Dems? Don't make I larf.

Which left the nice Independent lady.

In our village only one candidate actually came round (Con) and only one other put a leaflet through the door (an Indy).

I wouldn't vote for one of the 3 cons on the sheet as I've had dealings with his company and he is an obnoxious, lying, dishonest little sh!t.

The Labour locals have fvcked up our local town building a bling shopping centre that stands 3/4 empty after 2 years but has cost us millions and implemented parking charges sothey're not getting my vote.

Lib Dems? Don't make I larf.

Which left the nice Independent lady.

Is she hot?

Ah this is the thread. That Sunderland Lab councillor could have heated a kettle with the steam coming out of his ears loool.

Beeb giving Barry "the dubious vicar" Gardiner a good run out, shutting down and generally hauling the Con over the coals in comparison.

Also, how ******* rough is Kussenberg under the "wrong" light.

Tories first overall control gain of the night, Walsall, previously a "hung" council.

Last edited:
Only 8000 more councillors to go...Beeb just stated that Cons are losing 1 in 6 seats, Lab 1 in 10.

That Mad Professor number cruncher the Beeb rolls out on elections stating that UKIP's performance thus far is largely attributable to them fighting far less councillor seats as opposed to losing them per se.

Ah this is the thread. That Sunderland Lab councillor could have heated a kettle with the steam coming out of his ears loool.

Beeb giving Barry "the dubious vicar" Gardiner a good run out, shutting down and generally hauling the Con over the coals in comparison.

Also, how ******* rough is Kussenberg under the "wrong" light.
She always has a look on her face like she’s smelling her own rather smelly fart

Maragaret Beckett looks like one of the characters from the adaptation of Dahl's The Witches.

Indies pretty much neck and neck with the LD's for councillor seats gained thus far.

Across the water in the land of the wee red hand unionist/loyalist areas have reported a very low turn out in voting while republican/nationalist areas are reporting high turn outs.

Belfast already lost a unionist majority a few years back.

Could be an interesting make up indeed.

Getting bored of the Beeb fluffing up those Communist cranks the Greens. The Indies are beating Lib dems in councillor seats and barely getting a mention as a collective.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I started a post which I was updating over on the Question Time thread after QT finished and the election special started instead of This Week. I watched enough to get a general idea of trends. Cleverly seemed to have a fair idea of what was happening although he had expected more Con losses and more Lab gains. Labour Sunderland MP called it right about anger against Labour and protest votes going to Lib Dems, Greens and independents.
Jo Swinson thought Lib Dem gains showed a demand to stop Brexit... (as opposed to protest votes).
Greens bigging it up too. Again, it's too early to say but I suspect a lot of that is protest votes rather than genuine watermelon fans.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/question-time-commentary.222767/post-9247500

Dawn Butler - Biased media projection; Voter ID being used to suppress us - the UN warned us against it....
(It's all a conspiracy)

Prof Ian Curtis - The party that is doing best is the one not shown in the BBC stats - the collective number of Independents. He also suggests there's a possible warning here that the Brexit Party was not standing and that come May 23rd, protest votes may well shift to them.