2018 Pay Award

Good work!

got 3% on my AFPS75 due to CPI hitting 3% in September 2017.
When did you receive your new forecast? I haven’t had anything yet and I’m in receipt of a full (though abated) Army pension and a much smaller FTRS pension.

Rumours abounding about 3% for AFPRB 18.

It's a notional payrise to improve moral.

If moral doesn't improve whilst waiting for it, the MOD reserves the right to cancel it and take 5 days leave of everyone's balance as punishment.

Have they forgotten about it? Or are they hoping we will?
The last dit, which was some weeks ago, AFPRB had submitted the report to the Government, who were considering it. I took todays Scottish tax refund announcement as the probable reason why they hadn't yet revealed the pay rise and associated increases in food and accommodation as they need to fund the rebate somehow, and also as a precursor to the publication of the report, possibly tonight.

If moral doesn't improve whilst waiting for it, the MOD reserves the right to cancel it and take 5 days leave of everyone's balance as punishment.
Don't give them ideas.

The last dit, which was some weeks ago, AFPRB had submitted the report to the Government, who were considering it. I took todays Scottish tax refund announcement as the probable reason why they hadn't yet revealed the pay rise and associated increases in food and accommodation as they need to fund the rebate somehow, and also as a precursor to the publication of the report, possibly tonight.
So too late for July, quelle suprise

Quite a few people (I reckon a sizeable quantity) will see that pay rise disappear with the on going rent rises. Last year was the first time ever that I got a pay rise in April and took less home than in March.

Quite a few people (I reckon a sizeable quantity) will see that pay rise disappear with the on going rent rises. Last year was the first time ever that I got a pay rise in April and took less home than in March.
Agreed. I’m £200 a month worse off than a year ago.

Yep. For those in SLA / SFA the annual pay round is often a negative experience.

I consider myself very fortunate to be in my own home and not reliant on the system for anything.

It's a dilemma eh.

Would you rather a real 1% pay rise or a pretend 3% one?

I think I'll go with the latter, it recognises that I deserve a rise on par with inflation and haven't received one in 7 years. After all it's the thought that counts.

It's a dilemma eh.

Would you rather a real 1% pay rise or a pretend 3% one?

I think I'll go with the latter, it recognises that I deserve a rise on par with inflation and haven't received one in 7 years. After all it's the thought that counts.
From a purely selfish viewpoint 3% would suit but a more altruistic me says if everyone's actual take home pay increases 1% in real terms that is a better deal.