2012 London Olympics 'still on budget'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vampireuk, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - 2012 London Olympics 'still on budget'

Of course it is still on budget, how can you possibly go over budget when you can simply raise the budget anytime it looks like you are about to go over it! Somehow I think if this happened in a private company people would possibly be fired.

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Lord 10% if you please Coe, Lying C..ts. total waste of taxpayers money.

3. Fantastic news! I feel so much better about the RAF being reduced to flying kites and Airfix models now.

Frankly, if AQ crash the party and rape, torture and kill every member of this so-called gub'mint, I won't shed a single tear.

4. We were invited for breakfast, for sub-contractors to meet the main contractors and clients. So they could get a range of prices and options. All the deals had been done months before this.

The breakfast wasn't free either £125.00 each!

5. Got a lordship for running 1500 metres (less than a mile FFS), but was also a politician (so dissembling will be second nature to him).

... and Coe, it seems, studied economics (must have been on the same course as Gordon Brown) :roll: :crazy:

6. Mr Coe and Friends, along with Tessy Jowells, will all be off sniffing around Eurine Land for Cushy Billets in the EU's entertainment business post 2012 Olympics.

7. Be honest now. When was the last time you actually believed even slightly that the first number mentioned for the cost of ANY government/public funded project would have any relevance to the final cost?

The worst bit about all this is that it has become so normal.

8. With all the rush to buy Olympics 2012 venue tickets..... I have started printing tickets for some of the lesser known venue....

1. Gusset Typing.
    2. Blanket Pressing.
    3. Horizontal Jogging.
    3. Pulling Oneself Around the Room.

Attached Files:

9. The only thing I am surprised about is that it hasn't topped 10 Billion yet... still time mind.

10. If you haven't already watched it, check out Twenty Twelve on BBC iPlayer. Spoof mockumentry that's probably closer to the truth than the 2012 comittee would like.

11. Is there anyway of getting th whole series? Looks funny.

12. Is everyone outside London getting this drip fed daily propaganda feed about the forthcoming Olympics? If not where and is there an Olympic refugee centre somewhere?

13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

A colleague's wife is on the Olympic organising team and by all accounts it's definitely too close to the truth for comfort.

Still what could go wrong, eh?

14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Oh, was Twenty Twelve a spoof? I thought it was a proper documentary, I didn't realise the people were actors.

15. Who is delivering this?
    Who estimated the cost to deliver this and won the competition to do so?
    Who is subjecting the whole shebang to huge cost over-runs with no risk transfer?
    Who is it that has the same problems with cost inflation but is not bound by Parliament to tell the world and his wife?

Hmmm. Oh yeah, the private sector.