2012 London Olympics 'still on budget'

BBC News - 2012 London Olympics 'still on budget'

Of course it is still on budget, how can you possibly go over budget when you can simply raise the budget anytime it looks like you are about to go over it! Somehow I think if this happened in a private company people would possibly be fired.
Fantastic news! I feel so much better about the RAF being reduced to flying kites and Airfix models now.

Frankly, if AQ crash the party and rape, torture and kill every member of this so-called gub'mint, I won't shed a single tear.

We were invited for breakfast, for sub-contractors to meet the main contractors and clients. So they could get a range of prices and options. All the deals had been done months before this.

The breakfast wasn't free either £125.00 each!

Lord 10% if you please Coe, Lying C..ts. total waste of taxpayers money.
Got a lordship for running 1500 metres (less than a mile FFS), but was also a politician (so dissembling will be second nature to him).

In 2003 ... Tessa Jowell ... told MPs it would cost £2.375bn.
the anticipated final cost is £7.301bn.
... and Coe, it seems, studied economics (must have been on the same course as Gordon Brown) :roll: :crazy:

Mr Coe and Friends, along with Tessy Jowells, will all be off sniffing around Eurine Land for Cushy Billets in the EU's entertainment business post 2012 Olympics.

In 2003 ... Tessa Jowell ... told MPs it would cost £2.375bn.
the anticipated final cost is £7.301bn. :

Be honest now. When was the last time you actually believed even slightly that the first number mentioned for the cost of ANY government/public funded project would have any relevance to the final cost?

The worst bit about all this is that it has become so normal.

With all the rush to buy Olympics 2012 venue tickets..... I have started printing tickets for some of the lesser known venue....

1. Gusset Typing.
2. Blanket Pressing.
3. Horizontal Jogging.
3. Pulling Oneself Around the Room.

Attachments

Be honest now. When was the last time you actually believed even slightly that the first number mentioned for the cost of ANY government/public funded project would have any relevance to the final cost?

The worst bit about all this is that it has become so normal.
Who is delivering this?
Who estimated the cost to deliver this and won the competition to do so?
Who is subjecting the whole shebang to huge cost over-runs with no risk transfer?
Who is it that has the same problems with cost inflation but is not bound by Parliament to tell the world and his wife?

Hmmm. Oh yeah, the private sector.

The only thing I am surprised about is that it hasn't topped 10 Billion yet... still time mind.
Have you seen the size of the f***ing medals? The Olympic committee have had to have the medals pockets on tracksuits made larger... and they are refusing to say how much the medals have cost to make.

There's your £10bn hit!

Sadiq Khan orders inquiry into Olympic Stadium as costs soar by £51m

Ah yes. The good old Olympic Games Legacy.

Am I right in saying that the Olympic Council Tax surcharge imposed on Londoners has never been removed? Any London Council Tax payers?
London prices eh! For the price rise alone you could have a 30,000 seat stadium in Cardiff. For roughly half the price on current prices you could have Millinum Stadium AND Cardiff stadium and one comes with a funky roof!

Sadiq Khan orders inquiry into Olympic Stadium as costs soar by £51m

Ah yes. The good old Olympic Games Legacy.

Am I right in saying that the Olympic Council Tax surcharge imposed on Londoners has never been removed? Any London Council Tax payers?
Could the delay in getting the naming rights for the stadium be having an effect? Genuine query as if some of the money from that is supposed to go to "London" then that would be some of the "hole in the budget".

Oh, here's something I found about the surcharge which kinda points to it still being in place

Olympics Fear for Council tax

Latest Threads