2011 Rugby World Cup draw

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by in_the_cheapseats, Dec 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Hot off the press. going to be an interesting competition. If we accept Argentina as fourth seed will go through, England vs Scotland looks like the game of the pool matches for home nation interest. Bring it on! :D

URGENT RugbyU: 2011 Rugby World Cup draw

LONDON, Dec 1, 2008 (AFP) - Pool draw for the 2011 Rugby Union
    World Cup in New Zealand held here Monday:

Pool A: New Zealand, France, Tonga, Americas 1, Asia 1
    Pool B: Argentina, England, Scotland, Europe 1, Play-off winner
    Pool C: Australia, Ireland, Italy, Europe 2, Americas 2
    Pool D: South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Oceania 1, Africa 1
    afp08

AFP
    011513 GMT DEC 08

2. Best Ingerland could have hoped for.

3. The 'best' they could hoped for is putting it mildly. Basically it is a bye into the knock-out stage.

Wales have the hardest draw of the six nations' teams. Still, we are the best so I suppose that is only fair!!! :D

4. Bugger I was hoping Wales would have got Argentina.

5. Hopefully Martin Johnson will stay on as England manager for a few more years, that should give Scotland an easy route to the quarter finals. :D

Argentina might pose a few problems though!

6. I think that the England Argentina game will be a good spectator event, especially if they're both going to be into the kicking game. Scotland England'll be good too. Will have to dig out my kilt!

7. For those who assume England, whose Autumnal playing record before kick off on Saturday matched their sponsor...i.e. O-2, will swan majestic like through this group I have but one thought of caution. Where is your fecking Calcutta cup the noo?

8. Good chance we will now win it...England that is!!!

9. Oh how some people are living in cloud cookoo land , England win !! they will do well to get out of the group stage.

10. England..............Best RWC record of any of the home nations by a considerable margin. Were written off in 07.

11. Bearing in mind its in 2011, aren't the English bashers being a bit premature??? Argentina will probably be a hard game. Scotland too. Genuine question - When was the last time Scotland beat England anywhere other than Murrayfield?

12. Wales vs Scotland final. :D

13. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

PD

I like to dream too :D

14. Great draw for England

the battle of the Falklands round 2- will be a hard fought contest- the Argies are quiet a good team

Ireland got a good draw- Australia are the ones to beat

France v NZ- ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

15. Good draw for England. We are 3 years away, so don't judge yet.

We might be sh1te at the moment, but we'd still beat the Oatmeal Ethnics.