2011 - Predictions

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by giftedamateur, Dec 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This: BBC News - Predictions for 2011: BBC correspondents look ahead got me thinking...what do Arrsers think will happen in 2011. I'll start, using the BBC's headers:

The Big Story:

Its got to be austerity. More riots in the UK.

People to watch

Tony Woodley and other such trade union wallas.

Looking Forward to (the most)

Watching labour pull themselves apart

Looking forward to (the least)

A Lib Dem bringing down the Govt
  2. 1. Some people will die.

2. There will be no Olympic Games this year.

3. There will be a Royal Wedding.

I'm here all week, matinee on Saturday.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Maybe so but we will not stop hearing about it all year.
  4. The police will shoot someone and we'll spend a fortnight trying to scrape Western off the ceiling.
  5. Who do we think the celeb deaths will be? This time last year I predicted Amy Slimehouse would kark it, she has let me down. I am going for Robbie Williams....
  6. Tony Woodley has steped down as gen. sec. of UNITE, however he's not leaving. The new bloke McCluskey will need careful watching as he'll be up to mischief.
  7. The Met Office , or some similar organisation , will predict another " Barbecue Summer " ... in reality the current Winter snow will start to disappear in September just in time for another mild Winter .
  8. ******* do that every year and people still buy it.
  9. Whet will still be unemployed.
    Even given the exponential advances in technology, ARRSE will go from strength to strength.
    Drug related lawlessness will increase.
    Politicians of all 3? main political parties will have very few policy differences in their actuality.
    Celebrities will continue to influence public opinion irrespecive of those opinions real worth to the wellbeing of the country.
    The United Kingdom's taxpayers will continue to give money to rich people in poor countries.
    The world in general is continuing to slide to hell in a hardcart.
    Apart from that ................. Happy New Year to you all!!!!!
  10. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Next year will see co-ordinated terrorist strikes in cities around the globe.
    Europe will collapes with the Euro - bringing the UK down with it.
    Russia and China will work together to get a station on the moon.
    There will be a nice war in the korean region.
    Obama will survive an assassination attempt.
  11. Obama will reveal that he is actually a lizard person from the planet Zog, and David Icke will become leader of the worldwide anti lizard resistance movement.
  12. - Lots of protests and a fair few riots across Europe as austerity measures really start to bite;
    - Rising unemployment;
    - Fuel to break the £1.50/l barrier;
    - A sharp rise in food prices due to last summer, this winter and the cost of fuel, perhaps seeing minor food shortages in parts of Europe;
    - Either Obama will consolidate his position and the US will continue on its steady decline or, if Obama loses ground, the lunatics will take over the asylum and the US will begin preparation to crash and burn;
    - The LibDems relocate their core beliefs and break the coalition. Clegg switches to the Tories, Labour have another leadership crisis. No one knows who to vote for, so don't turn out to vote;
    - The All Blacks finally win the RWC;
    - There'll be droughts or floods or maybe both.
  13. Whet gets a job.
    99% of the ARRSE membership suffer from heart attacks.
  14. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

MDN will take a vow of celibacy.
    The Lord Flasheart will marry Chubb.
    Whet will not only find a job but some common sense.
    And the shedii will take over the world.
  15. if you work,you'll be taxed like it was gang rape.
    if you worked and saved you'll be taxed like it was gang rape.
    if you drive a taxed,mot'd and insured car you'll be taxed like it was gang rape.
    if you own your own house,i think you can see where this is going.