Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Phase One Basic vs 2021 Phase One Basic

Hello,

Did my training back in 2011 left in 2014 (Discharged for bad conduct) was young naive, immature and f'd up a few times.

Anyway signing back up 7 years later and was wondering how basic training has evolved over 10 years.

I went to ATR Bassingbourn in 2011, I believe i will go to Pirbright now.

I've watched a few videos but nothing really shows what training is actually like, few shots of a locker and a p.t session.

Cheers

Last edited:

CJ2020

Swinger
Hello,

Did my training back in 2011 left in 2014 (Discharged for bad conduct) was young naive, immature and f'd up a few times.

Anyway signing back up 7 years later and was wondering how basic training has evolved over 10 years.

One thing I have seen on some videos is that you get 2 weeks of halfway through training? I got a long weekend from what I remember, which I prefer rather than dragging it out for any longer than it needs to be, I mean it is a fast paced course with a lot of information to grasp, seems a little counter productive, you can forget a lot in 2 weeks plus recruits must be dropping out like flies going from disciplined 7 weeks to mummy's cuddles for 2 weeks. Keep them focused and through training. Am I wrong about this 2 weeks leave?

I've watched a few videos but nothing really shows what training is actually like, few shots of a locker and a p.t session.

Cheers

You get 2 weeks leave between phase 1 and phase 2, you don’t get 2 weeks leave during phase 1.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Hello,

Cheers
i am looking to rejoin too, have you done assessment yet ?.

i am looking to rejoin too, have you done assessment yet ?.
Not yet, filled in the application and spoke to the recruiters. They said they have to do a waiver due to my discharge but they said it shouldn't be a problem. The first time round i joined as a vehicle mechanic because i was doing that in college, half way through my application i wanted to change into an aviation role which i have a passion for, but i was pushed into going into the VM role. So if any new joiners read this make sure you explore all the roles available to you before applying.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Not yet, filled in the application and spoke to the recruiters. They said they have to do a waiver due to my discharge but they said it shouldn't be a problem. The first time round i joined as a vehicle mechanic because i was doing that in college, half way through my application i wanted to change into an aviation role which i have a passion for, but i was pushed into going into the VM role. So if any new joiners read this make sure you explore all the roles available to you before applying.
sound mate i was at itc catterick last year i was Discharged i am hoping to rejoin as Gunner or Driver.

Latest Threads