The slowdown in the training tempo and MTD budget uncertainty caused by the recent PR09 in-year savings measures has meant that some TA soldiers have not been able to get their applications approved by their CoC. This means that enough places remain up for grabs to warrant extending the deadline to 22 Jan 2010. Details on the Exchange website (requires ArmyNET account). Some of you, like redfibee, may be considered indispensible for next year's camp. Unfortunately, I can't do much about that but if your CO's reluctance is simply a case of MTD budgeting, I may be able to answer any questions that they may have. If they're undecided, ask them to email me at SO2ResD@armymail.mod.uk. In summary, you have until 22 Jan 2010 to apply for 2 weeks of training with the US National Guard (paid) during the summer of 2010 with the option of delaying your return flight for a cultural excursion (unpaid). In your own time, go on.