[2009 RBL Lot 32] - Pull Up A Sandbag (Copy 2)

"Most ARRSE regulars will be aware that we run an annual charity auction to raise funds for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. Over the years this has gone from strength to strength and last year we managed to raise over £6000 pounds which is an incredible testimony to the generosity of you, our members. I'm sure everyone is aware of the excellent work that they do but, if not, then please have a look at the this thread.

This auction is for a copy of Pull Up a Sandbag kindly donated by the authors (both prominent members of the site). It will signed and will have any message you'd like written on the inside cover.

This book is a diverse collection of humorous anecdotes collated by two former Squaddies under the pen-name Jonathan Smiles. They’ve been pulling this particular sandbag for nearly a year, but now it’s finally time to push it!

Pull Up a Sandbag is an invitation to swap a few tales, and hopefully includes something for everyone. It is a patchwork quilt of stories, but forget any mental images of chintz, silk and satin – the material is definitely hessian, DPM and old Goretex, a mixture all squaddies will be comfortable with. The stories are as true as any story remains after successive telling, and as accurate as memory can be after surviving the passing years and occasional alcohol-based filtration.

Help for Heroes will receive £1 from the proceeds for every copy sold.

So here’s the invitation – Pull Up a Sandbag, and if you recognize yourself in any of the anecdotes, either starring or in a supporting role, then accept the appreciation of everyone that smiles, laughs or cries as they read.

Press on the Picture below to go direct to the purchasing page…

Whilst out on the Range “Picking Up the Brass” what better companion than “Pulling Up a Sandbag”

Please note that the auction will start on 1 Nov and run until 1100 on 11 Nov.

Click here for auction rules.

If you have an item that you wish to donate then please Contact Us"

£20

:wink:

Gundulph said:
The_Snail said:
You looking for a 'special' message alongside Mr Smiles Siggie Snail?

8O
How special is this message? Is it DNA testable? Can I make lickle baybies from it in 2020 if I freeze it?