Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

[2009 RBL Auctions] - Request for Items

Bad CO

Book Reviewer
Regulars on the site will know that we run an auction every year with the proceeds going to the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal. Last year we managed to raise nearly £6000 which is something we were very pleased with and thanks to all who donated or made a bid.

For those who want to know why we always choose the Royal British Legion then please have a look at this thread.

We'll be doing exactly the same again this year and are therefore begging for items that we can auction! Clearly the more valuable or interesting the better but if you've got something that you think will raise money then please Contact Us with the details. We'd also ask that anyone donating an item be prepared to send it direct to the winning bidder.

The Rules:

1. All auctions will start on 1 Nov and run until 1100 hrs on 11 Nov.
2. The winning bidder will be requested to pay via our BMyCharity page (note no commission unlike some other sites ...).
3. Items will be sent direct from the donor to the winning bidder

One final thing .... we give the Hols4Heroes crowd a free run for 11 months of the year so can I request that they now hang fire until after our auctions are complete. Thanks

I have previously sent pm ref Verdun Tour Polo shirts 1 x XL and 1 x S do you want them as I did send pm a few days ago as per photo in the Gallery

A pair of field telephones from the 'German Bundeswehr' FF-54 aka FF OB/ZB.

Working properly, you just need a two-core cable and you can cover a distance of several kilometres.
(Even one core and earth would do as well btw.)

Anything else you will need is just two 1.5 V D-batteries and you can start your conversation. :)

Manufacturer: Standard Elektrik Lorenz (SEL) resp affiliated companies.
Solid and indestructible workmanship, built for eternity.
Used but in good condition.

Measurements: 25cm x 16cm x 11cm; weight 3.8 kg each
Transmission frequencies: 300 to 3,400 hz
Bakelite casing, dust- and splashproof.

You'll get two field phones, containers for batteries, cables for link and battery and manual.

Definitely a nice collector's item. :)

This is what they look like:

fieldphone1.jpg

fieldphone2.jpg

fieldphone3.jpg

fieldphone4.jpg

(For those who speak German, this site gives you even more information about the field telephones.)

7-62 here. Now called 7SiX2 if you want to google more of our stuff. Unfortunately it appears that civies have more cash than squaddies - so that's the way we've gone. Up to you BCO how you do this - I thought 3 lots:

1. Worlds first Kevlar necklace with silver ends and a gold plated AK47 bullet with your name engraved on it - if you own the bullet with your name on you won't get hit by it. As always - Guaranteed to save your life or your money back!!!
Faldskærmsline-KevlarB-halskæde_100.jpg
AK47_gold_100.jpg

2. 10 days of shreddies... boxers mixed... some with silver buttons or sterling logos... others with 7SiX2 or pink bunny rabbits on the inside... and tactical exercise black which can last a week, but we'll call these 1 day. (Or one day each for a whole section)
BoxerStreetwiseBox_400.jpg

boxers.jpg

Everyday_lokum_400.jpg

3. 100g solid silver bar 99.9% pure OR a solid silver Zippo (1941 vintage retro) engraved any way you like, you supply the badge - monogram, text etc... and we'll do the best engraving you've seen. Great idea for a Christening, present or for yourself: (especially the Zippo for a baby - come on... it's going to be a squaddie one day and smoke its lungs out anyway :) )

Zippo_solid_silver_100.jpg

Sølv_bar_400.jpg

Be good - best of luck with the auction - ex-sponsor/squadie - Chris
(drop me an email BDO if you have any comments... I'm not really PMable.)

I have a ladies gold and sapphire bracelet, never worn! Still in its presentation box, with ribboned outer packaging. Sorry its blurry, crap camerawork, but its hallmarked and very pretty!

Attachments

• bracelet_002_shrunk.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 544
  • bracelet_003_shrunk.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 551
I have a Her Majestys Government Promisory note that was issued to certain Aircrew/Special Forces and few of us Eejits in the first Gulf War. It has a serial number (0081) and the Tate & Lyles Crest. It promises £15K Stg if you return the bearer of the note to Saudi Arabia or Neutral Territory or assist him to evade capture.

"Take this note to Any British Embassy or Consulate and ask to speak to the Defence Attache or One of his Assistants, He will then give you the sum of £15,000."

It has a Red Seal on it and the reverse is in Arabic Script. Will try to get a mate to scan it in and upload it in the next few days. Very happy to donate it. Hope I don't get a knock at the door from SIB or the Treasury !

Would make a lovely unusual print for the study.

Attachments

• hmg_get_free.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 565
  • hmg_get_free_back.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 549
Many thanks for the kind offers but as requested above ......

Bad CO said:
.... please Contact Us with the details.

The reason we say this is that with the number of items we get it can be very difficult to keep track of what is going on. Our email system is the ideal way to do that.

How and when is the auction being held? Am I right in assuming that it is an Arrse thing, and the goodies aren't being handed over to the RBL for them to auction? I've had a poke around and can't find any details anywhere, although could simply be because I'm a thick arrse.

Okay, I'm a thick arrse. I see when it's being held, but what is the format? Is it a special separate site thingy or a dedicated thread here?

YesItsMe said:
Awol said:
Okay, I'm a thick arrse. I see when it's being held, but what is the format? Is it a special separate site thingy or a dedicated thread here?

In case it's not a Wah ... please check all the [2009 RBL Lot #s] here to find the items.
Bid on the thread and on 11th of November the highest bid wins ... to everyone's surprise. :D

Thanks YiM. It wasn't a wah, I just couldn't see it an the forum index and it certainly wasn't under Charities and Welfare which was where I thought it would be. I didn't think it would be down in in the Badger's Arrse rubbing shoulders with those disreputible characters in the Hole and the Naafi. :)