[2008 RBL Lot 9] - Week in Luxury Spanish Holiday Apartment

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Oct 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Most ARRSE regulars will be aware that we run an annual charity auction to raise funds for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. Over the years this has gone from strength to strength and last year we managed to raise over £5000 pounds which is an incredible testimony to the generosity of you, our members. I'm sure everyone is aware of the excellent work that they do but, if not, then please have a look at the Royal British Legion website.

This auction item is for a week in a brand new luxurious 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom ground floor apartment on La Torre Golf Resort near Murcia. The apartment itself is a ground floor plot and has a lounge and separate kitchen and one bathroom with fitted shower,which is finished in outstanding marble. The apartment also has a terrace with BBQ and garden furniture as well as garden space. The apartment also has excellent access for disabled. There is a very large community pool with toddlers splash pool and jacuzzi directly in front of the apartment set amongst landscaped gardens. You look through the pool onto the fantastic Jack Nicklaus golf course. We also have a broadband connection available in the apartment and telephone."

[​IMG]

Spanish Dave is a long established ARRSE member who is a prominent member of the Help Them Out team. He has also been extremely generous in his support for previous RBL Poppy Appeals donating similar items in both 2007 and 2006.

Please note that the auction will start on 1 Nov and run until 1100 on 11 Nov.

If you have an item that you wish to donate then please Contact Us"

2. 100 pounds

3. Sorry if this post is not allowed - is it on a specific week or is it anytime? Cheers ;-)

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Both weeks are subject to availability :D Last years winner I have just spoken to today left my apartment this morning, most dates are available for me next year, so you can be objective if you like :lol:

5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Yup, just got back. Second year running for us. Had a great time and I recommend this strongly. Although August is better than October!

6. Bouillabaisse

And I'll make it £200

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

8. £300

9. Bouillabaisse

10. Bad CO

Right chaps, I hereby declare this auction closed and very many thanks to everyone who contributed. However the winner is Bouillabaisse with his bid of £350.

Can I ask you to pay via our Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal Donations Page on bmycharity. This will ensure that the money goes to the right place and also allows the tax to be reclaimed. Once you've paid, drop us a line using this link (please) letting us know you've paid. I'll then post back in this thread letting Spanish_Dave know that he can send the item to you and you can PM him with your address.

11. Bad CO

Money received from Bouillabaisse with thanks.