[2008 RBL Lot 8] - Jon Snows Tie

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Oct 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Most ARRSE regulars will be aware that we run an annual charity auction to raise funds for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. Over the years this has gone from strength to strength and last year we managed to raise over £5000 pounds which is an incredible testimony to the generosity of you, our members. I'm sure everyone is aware of the excellent work that they do but, if not, then please have a look at the Royal British Legion website.

The ITN and Channel 4 journalist & presenter Jon Snow has very kindly agreed to donate another one of his extensive tie collection. He also did this last year raising a very creditable £220 pounds for the auction.... thanks a lot blobby and lets see if we can do better .....

Actual tie may differ from this particularly hideous example!!!!

Please note that the auction will start on 1 Nov and run until 1100 on 11 Nov.

If you have an item that you wish to donate then please Contact Us
  2. 15 pounds
  3. 30 quid
  4. £90
  5. £100
  6. £120
  7. See you 130
  8. Bad CO

Right chaps, I hereby declare this auction closed and very many thanks to everyone who contributed. However the winner is machiavelli with his bid of £130.

Can I ask you to pay via our Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal Donations Page on bmycharity. This will ensure that the money goes to the right place and also allows the tax to be reclaimed. Once you've paid, drop us a line using this link (please) letting us know you've paid and where you want it sent to. I'll then make sure it gets in the post!
  9. BCO - money paid reply sent via the link
  10. Bad CO

Money received with thanks. I've passed your details on to the great man so hopefully it will be in the post soonish.