[2008 RBL Lot 3] - "Churchills Wizards"

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Good CO, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

To auction as four individual lots for the RBL (and not A Million Bullets as previous posted) from Faber & Faber, four signed hardback copies of Churchill's Wizards.

To finish 1800 on 8 Oct 08

A snippet from http://www.faber.co.uk/work/churchills-wizards/9780571221950/ :

"The story of how the British really won two world wars - by conning the Kaiser, hoaxing Hitler and using brains to outwit brawn.

By June 1940, most of Europe had fallen to the Nazis and Britain stood alone. To protect itself, the nation fell back on cunning and camouflage.....

.....Culminating in the spectacular misdirection that was so essential to the success of D-Day in 1944, Churchill's Wizards is a thrilling work of popular military history. Above all, Nicholas Rankin reveals the true stories of those brave and creative mavericks who helped win what Churchill called 'the war of the Unknown Warriors'."

[​IMG]

Available to but from Faber & Faber (link above) or Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0571221955/?tag=armrumser-21

2. Put me down for 2 @ £20 each :)

3. me too £20

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I'm in for £25 for one, please nudge someone off the above list, not bothered who! :D

6. £30. Kick BCO off.

I never got my box of Quality Street for giving (for free) all of the ARRSE domain names back. So fcuk him

7. Bad CO

Aunty - gosh I forgotten that we were so naive in those days. Still managed to see you off though .....

Cheers easy!

8. Bad CO

Also please don't forget that we have another book auction going with proceeds going to RBL as well (see here).

9. You saw me off by lies regarding lovely confectionary. I can not believe that a holder of HM's commision could be so deceitful and deprive me of such chocolate loveliness.

I knew I should have pointed all of the domains to AFLAGA.

Still outbid you for the book though you tight Rodney.

80K a year and the best you can do is £20?

What are our Officers coming to nowadays eh?

11. Copy 3 - 25 GBP

Off you go now MDN, the book is mine.

12. 2 books @ £40 each. Don't care which ones?

13. 2 book @50 each. any! :twisted: :oops:

14. Copy 2 - £35
    Copy 4 - £40

Stella's business mind still hasn't changed. He swapped two or three domain names for quality street he didn't get. Little does he know it but he traded his houses with me for some silly putty and a trip on the dodgems.

15. £40 to kick MDN off again!