[2008 RBL Lot 24] - Original WW1 Bairnsfather Cartoons

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Nov 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Most ARRSE regulars will be aware that we run an annual charity auction to raise funds for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. Over the years this has gone from strength to strength and last year we managed to raise over £5000 pounds which is an incredible testimony to the generosity of you, our members. I'm sure everyone is aware of the excellent work that they do but, if not, then please have a look at the Royal British Legion website.

This auction is for a complete set of the Capt Bruce Bairnsfather cartoons as published by the Bystander in eight issues of Fragments from France between 1916 and 1919. They are described as "fair to good" condition.

An awesome prize that must be of immense interest to anyone with an interest in British military history.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please note that the auction will start on 1 Nov and run until 2200 on 10 Nov.

If you have an item that you wish to donate then please Contact Us

2. £100

3. £120

4. £150

5. 170 pounds

6. Bad CO

7. Hello,

not so fast armchair_jihad,one hundred and eighty!

tangosix.

8. 200 pounds

Raise your game tango six

9. 250. Will look great in my study :)

10. QUICK! Less than 1.5 hours left to bid.

11. Bad CO

Right chaps, I hereby declare this auction closed and very many thanks to everyone who contributed. However the winner is merchantman with his bid of £260.

Can I ask you to pay via our Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal Donations Page on bmycharity. This will ensure that the money goes to the right place and also allows the tax to be reclaimed. Once you've paid, drop us a line using this link (please) letting us know you've paid and sending us your details. I'll then let the donor know and they will dispatch them to you.

12. Bad CO

We've received the money but no sign of an email from merchantman although this may be because we've been having problems with our system. Grateful if you could resend pse.