[2008 RBL Lot 2] - "Our Lad Ricky"

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Following the extremely generous £405 we raised from the "Million Bullets Auction", we've got another early entry for this year's Royal British Legion Charity Auction. As regulars on the site know, we hold an annual auction with stuff donated by site sponsors and all the proceeds go the RBL. Over the years this has got bigger and bigger with over 5k raised by your generosity last year.

Author Michael Rushton (a regular ARRSEr) to has kindly donated three copies of both his books; Our Lady Ricky and Ricky the Early Years. These will be auctioned as pairs with the lucky winners also having their copies signed with the dedication of their choice.

Bidding will be in increments of £2 starting at a fiver. To bid on a book simply type the book name and the amount you are bidding, i.e
    Book 3 - £102 (not a real bid!!!)

Auction will run until 1900hrs on 29 Aug 08!

Bid generously......

Attached Files:

2. Set of Books 1 - Wompingwillow £20
    Set of Books 2-
    Set of Books 3 -
  3. Bad CO

Hmm, this appears to have died a death. Remember that the cause is excellent (as also are the books I'm told). Lets extend this auction until 8 Oct:

4. Where's my Quality Street?

Send them as promised 5 years ago and I might bid ;)
  5. In addition to this Auction I have sent free copies to each to the three Combat Stress Treatment Centres and six sets so far to soldiers serving in Iraq and Afganistan.

One reply, I received this week said "it was QUALITY humour and right up his STREET!" A curious cooincidence LOL.

come on ppl - one set to go - be generous pleeeease!
  6. Set of books number 3 - £25
  7. set of books 2, £25
  8. Bad CO

They're in the post, along with a cheque. Did I mention that I'll love you in the morning?

Set of books 3 - £25 (sorry womping willow)
  9. Set of Books 2 - DozyBint £30
  10. Are payment instructions the same as for the other book auction?
  11. did I lose?
  12. Bad CO

Apologies wompingwillow, my mistake. Final tally:

Payment can be via the following options:

1. The RBL bemycharity account. Remember to use the Giftaid tick box if you are a UK tax payer.

2. Pay by bank transfer (Bank of Scotland, 12-24-81, acct no 06488848, put RBL followed by your username as the reference).

In both cases you'll need to send us an email (pse use this form) with the address you want it sending to.

Once I've got everything I'll let Michael know and hopefully the books will be in the post shortly afterwards.
  13. Books will be in post same day, first class, signed, "Thank you & Best Wishes - Michael 'Ricky' Ruston, (Date) - If anyone would like n e thing esle (e.g. for a freind or relative) please let me know.

Thank you everyone for your generousity - I am sure it will be appreciated by RBL
  14. Bad CO

Money received from Dozybint & me, nothing seen from armchair_jihad yet although I'm sure he's good for it!
  15. OK, just pm me when ready and I send em off!

:D Just had the most amazing surprise 60th Birthday Bash! My daughters found old mates from 25 - 35 years ago! god knows how they did it! And Guess What! They all clubbed together to get me my very own PC! so now I don't have to fight off the grand-kids to get a look in! :eek: