[2008 RBL Late Entry Lot 2]

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Unfortunately it would appear that bids of two items were made in state of intoxication by our very own Snail who no longer wishes to have them :roll: Clearly I was uber-unimpressed by this and she has redeemed herself by a £300 donation to the RBL which we are now in possession of so I'm less unhappy than I was.

We are however left with a lovely(!) 3D glass engraving of the Parachute Regiment capbadge very kindly donated by Rojeans. Further details can be found here. We've had another great year for raising money and a result on the last two items would be the icing on the cake so please bid generously ......

[​IMG]

This revised auction will run until 2200hrs on Mon 17 Nov.

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'll start the ball with £10

3. I suppose I could fit it into a RLC urinal

£20

4. [​IMG]

Just to be pedantic. The image is suspended ( laser engraved ) inside the block which is of photo quality crystal
    I'll also engrave the successful bidders details on to the surface as shown above. ( Or other details as requested )

5. i'll go £25 on behalf of Mike Golden
    :D

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Go on then - £35

7. I will give £100 for my mate GNM who was in 2 para. I have known this boy for 34 years and he has had two hip op's. He walks in agony now.

8. When he left the Army he took a job in a Lab. He bullshitted on the application form stating he was a medical professional with loads of qualifications. He was a basic medic in 2 Para.

So on his first day they gave him a white coat and a prescription and told him to go to the Lab and 'knock it up'.

He was clueless, so he went to the pub for 2 hours and when he came back he hanged up his white coat and told them he couldn't find the tablets.

9. If you want to bid against me that's fine - but I would like to get this for, 'Norm the Storm'.

10. Bad Co,

Looks like it belongs to ' Norm the Storm'. The hard bit will be getting his personal det's without him sussing it.

Linky please for the money.

11. Bad CO

Right chaps, I hereby declare this auction closed and very many thanks to everyone who contributed. However the winner is JoseyWales with his bid of £100.

Can I ask you to pay via our Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal Donations Page on bmycharity. This will ensure that the money goes to the right place and also allows the tax to be reclaimed. Once you've paid, drop us a line using this link (please) letting us know you've paid. I'll then post back in this thread letting Adam(KOS) know that he can send the item to you and you can PM him with your address.

12. I'm awaiting incoming :)

13. Just did it.

14. Bad CO

Seen - thanks a lot. Hope you manage to obtain Norm's details without him finding out ....

Over to you Adam(KOS)

15. In hand :)