2006 Royal British Legion Charity Appeal - Signed Drawings

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Nov 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

This is the next item from our 2006 Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. All money received from these auctions will go directly to the RBL. Last year we raised over £1000 and we're trying to make a substantial improvement on that this year.

There are three separate auctions each for a signed print on a military theme. These have been kindly donated by Nick Pringle.

/images/charity/drawing1.JPG

/images/charity/drawing2.JPG

/images/charity/drawing3.JPG

Once again these auctions will run until 1100 on November the 11th. Bids can be on here, by PM to me or via email to charity@arrse.co.uk.

2. 20£ on the falklands drawing!

3. And 10£ for the WW1 "blind soldier drawing"

4. I bid a pony for the Falklands print.

That's 25 British pounds, not a 'pony and trap' ;)

5. £10 for the Chindits

6. 30 pounds for each one - 90quid.

7. £35 each - £105

8. Bloody hell - theres me thinking I might win something for a change!

9. money talks

10. 40 pounds each - 120 quid

11. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Thank you very much to everyone who took part but I hereby declare Armchair_Jihad the winner of this auction. Thanks a lot for your extremely generous bids on almost everything it would appear!

I'd be grateful if you could drop us a line at charity@arrse.co.uk. We'd prefer payment by paypal (charity@arrse.co.uk) but can also take direct bank transfer.

12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

A quick update on the pictures. Armchair_Jihad kindly offered for them to be displayed at RCDM. I understand that they have arrived, and are being framed prior to hanging. They will be displayed in Alexandra Block, which is where the hospital welfare office is located, together with accommodation for the families of seriously ill service personnel. There is also transit accommodation for patients who don't require a hospital bed. The block features regularly in VIP visitors itineraries, so I'm trying to arrange for a plaque mentioning ARRSE.

I'm told that the pictures are very impressive 'in the flesh'. As soon as they are in situ I will arrange for a picture to be posted in the Gallery.

13. Nice one, A_J and VB. :thumright:

14. OK then lets see them