2005: Scary News...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rocketeer, Aug 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2005 marks the midpoint [ already!!] of the first decade of the 21st century and three things are radically changing the face of ' humankind '..
    1] before 2000, young people outnumbered the old..from now on, the older generation will be bigger than the young...

2] until 2007 rural people will outnumber urbanites, after that more people will live in cities than in the countryside [ decline of farms, food, etc.?]

3] from 2003, the median woman world wide had and will continue to have, too few [or just enough] children during her lifetime to replace herself and the father of the following generation...

older, shrinking families relying on fewer people to produce food... hmmm.. for some reason that's scary to me.

2. Thank Buddha for technology.
    john

3. What's the source? Having a spot of bother with 1.) and 3.).

4. I think that those 2 points are only relevant to western societies.

5. Well...as long as I'm OK. :twisted:

6. I've got a hunting rifle and a Mossberg pumpgun, solar-powered longwave radio, NV goggles, a pallet of ammo and a bergen full of tinned food. I've also got a one-way ticket to my recently purchased Atom Bomb bunker in the wilds of Montana. Bring it on!!!