2005 Great North Run

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Cait, Aug 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Made the post last year, thought i would have learnt my lesson, any other Arrse members entering this years Great North Run on Sunday 18th September??

A half marathon from Newcastle city centre to South Shields see course. The closing date for entries inc. Charity places was last weekend (i stand to be corrected?).

Apart from completing the course in a respectable time, i'd really love to cop a sly grope of Jimmy Saville's arrse as he leaves me for dust again.

So, anyone else up for it?

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The Great South is already full- bollox!

3. Nope , trying for FLM2005 again 3rd year running

anyone fancy a "team arrse"

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

If you don't get through the ballot , Combat Stress have 50 Golden Bond places for next year's race.

Le Chevre

5. ive got my place for the great north run

6. Did you spot me on the TV :D

It was another great race with an unbeatable atmosphere, the race was kicked off with a fly by from a Herc after dropping the Falcons in. We also had the Red Arrows flying over mid to end of the course, awsome :D

It wasnt my best time so im blaming the heat and beer from the night before. I knew i wasnt at my best when i was over taken by a lochness monster, but when a bird dressed as a giant tap passed me i decided to dig in a bit more!

Congratulations to any other Arrsers who took part and completed the course and a big thank you to those that sponsored me, donnating money to SSAFA Forces Help.

Who's up for 2006? :D

7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

According to radio Scotland there were 4 deaths during the Great North Run. Don't remember it being that strenous in the past.

8. Congratulations Cait

I posted my FLM2006 entry last night , 3rd time lucky ....

9. well done Cait

10. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Well done Cait, any chance of the underwear that you ran in? This would assist greatly in my Phd on 'Charity runners and SSAFA :D

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

good on yer Cait, hope the bag of frozen peas will reduce the swelling soon !

How were the water stops ?

Rod - she's too shy to tell you....but few top female athletes (like Cait) actually bother with shreddies.....bad luck ;-)

Le Chevre

12. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

I understand. What about the shorts then Cait? :oops:

13. If you don't have any luck with the FLM try this for a good Swiss day out.

www.jungfrau-marathon.ch

Did this years it's a bit of an epic. There are also cut off points on the route as the last 4km are a nightmare. But nobody died. And you get a free train ride off the mountain at the end.

14. I gather she used those to skiff Jimmy Saville with