2000 Quid Bonus for Iraq and Afghan Soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by numbered_3, Oct 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky news just said backdated to April this year.

Diane

2. Because of course it wasnt any less dangerous in April Last Year or more so April 2004!
    I think the lads from 1 PWRR will beg to differ on that one!
    IMHO i think it should be from the start of Combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

3. Rumour has it that it may only apply to private soldiers. Has anyone heard any more?

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

5. [align=center]all i can say is its long awaited, shame it wasnt the gov's idea, but because of increasing pressure by the media![/align]

6. Live from the Parliment Channel

£2240 tax free bonus, Pvt- LCpl equivilant to £500 better off, everyone else works out £100per month. Backdated to 1st April 2006 for all ranks.

7. And for serving troops in the Balkans

8. Des Browne said that the bonus should not efect tax credits.

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

What's the bet the CSA will try & nick it off divorced dads in theatre!

10. So this won't affect some of our LCpl/Pte's on Tax Credits and put them above the level to recieve benefits then?

HMMMMM raises a sceptical eye and awaits the announcement that R&R flights will now cost £2,300!!

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

12. It can't be that far off a TA soldiers "bounty". I'm pleased they listened- for whatever reason.

13. :D

Can someone nip onto JPA and make sure my other half doesn't spend it before it before it goes home!