2000 pat Trousers??????

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cider_Glider, Aug 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About 3 and a half years ago i brought some trousers from a reputable surplus store. The trousers had a pukker NSN and were not cheap copies. They were described to me as 2000 pattern trousers. They are easy to distinguish from normal 95 pattern by the fact that they are rediculously long lasting...i have still got the same pair and they are going strong!!..also..they have a white coloured inside (similar to the windproof trousers) however they are most definately not windproof combats. They are awsome combats however, i have grown and they are now too short. Has anyone else ever heard of/brought any of these fabled combats?? if so where and when!!

Cheers...CG

Im off for a pint!!!

2. I beleive they were the forerunner of the CS95 ripstop kit. Good material (well, tough, maybe not the most comfortable in warmer weather!) and were made in Rumania, if rumour were true (or at least the material was)

I also have a jacket in the material, the difference is it has quite long shoulder epps and not the single rank tab of the CS95s

3. Get hold of Arktis, they make an excellent Combat Trousers, made in Real Ripstop, and lasts for ages, but you do pay a "little" bit for them :)

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I think Walt of walts you are reffering to the '94 pattern combats, which are different to those trousers mentioned.

The trial CS 95 was made in such a fabric as descibed (although it will have a trial label in). However, I was issued a pair of trousers from the QM last year made of the material described, thicker with white inside , but now it seems to have changed again to something more like the old tropical poly cotton stuff. I'm sure it's all made in China now. Maybe the pair I was issued was a case of the manufacturer finding and using old stock material from the trials.

5. For how much longer, all clothing from China is now barred from entering the EU as the chinese have exceeded the quotas set.

6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Oh dear.

Combats in short supply again or delivery direct to Iraq/Afghanistan then bring then back from there as mil freight?

7. Are these the Thatchreed ones with slotted buttons and double thickness fabric on the seat and knees.

8. Yes, I stand corrected. Does have a distinctly yellowish tinge overall too. Good jacket though, practically indestructible.