2000 Libyan soliders coming to the UK for training with the British Army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Jul 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2000 entering the UK, how many f'kin leave?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ah, we're awesome at training Islamists and teaching them small-unit tactics. Look at the great job we did with the Afghans in the 80s!

• Like Like x 3
  3. How many will be claiming asylum?

4. If there's the slightest delay, there will be more of them than Cameron's 'New model Army'

(model, as in a tiny replica of something life size)

5. Brilliant. How many will leave? None?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Right you thick cunt, wrong answer, following the fence around the airfield 3 times .... GO!!

7. I expect this comes out of our 'aid budget' for Africa. ie 2,000 Libya troops + accomodation, packed lunches, stable belts and so on should wipe out what we 'owe' Africa in no time.

8. Can someone please tell Baby Face that this is a really bad idea ?

9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Hague has earned yet another stamp in my severalth collecting book of reasons not to support Cameron.

10. JJ we are already holding several million of their very best £s formerly belonging to Libya and currently in the shape of some very large commercial buildings on Oxford Street and Liverpool Street. These were sequestered by HM's Treasury dept following the recent bit of nastiness.
    Last time I looked, the civil servants hadn't quite worked out how to liquidate the former regime's UK based assets and trouser the proceeds. Blair had been out of office for a while and there was a degree of skillfade.
    Doubtless a measure of such cash will help fund the current training programme int'sha'allah.

11. Way back, when I was a scrotey trainee crab radar type, we had a Nigerian cohort in the next 12 man room to us at RAF Locking.
    They were possibly more lazy than us, certainly worse dressed and used to make a right mess of the bogs. One claimed to be a village cheif, non of them drank but did develop a taste for "Apple Juice" as we mistakenly described cider.

• Like Like x 1
  12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And they are reopening Bassingbourn to train them. Might reapply for my old job.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  13. This made me laugh more than I should have.

• Like Like x 1
  14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Is there no deserted ex-Crabbery in the back of beyond to put these people? And can we not do this on the cheap by hiring the multi-skilled Baron of CastleShortt?